1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liverpool best 11 vs Chelsea best 11

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

This will be a good barometer.
    Liverpool should win this match, given their superior squad and their time with Klopp. They are pretty well faultless as a team when you analyse their players, and their 2 seasons under their brilliantly eccentric manager. We are still trying to work out our best team ( which is bullshit ) despite the same players starting every big game, so expect no changes in the usual line up, and no brilliant youngsters used as subs. Cahill, Christensen, Barkley, Fabregas and so on and so on, will come on, but no one under the age of 20.
    .No Ampadu, No Hudson Odoi. No RLC. Apparently they have to be patient and will get their chance one day because we have loads of games to play . By "Chance" I think Sarri means 10 mins as a sub when the game is won.
    Oh well, that's Chelsea.
    Liverpool are better than us technically, are faster, and far more lethal with their front 3. They should beat us comfortably, and that's how I think the game will go.
    How far we lose by is an indication of how far behind the top 3 teams we are.

Chelsea 0 Liverpool 2 ( Salah and Firminho )

BobbyD likes this.
  2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

that a very long winded jinx attempt mate <laugh>

luvgonzo and Bristol Blue like this.
  3. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Great game,2 great teams.Neither deserved to lose.As a blue i was very pleased with what i've seen today,feel we're a top 4 side again.
    Fantastic strike by Sturridge,had that feeling when he came on<laugh>.Still think City are the team to beat but no way will they walk it.

Bristol Blue, Blueman, BobbyD and 2 others like this.
  4. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

agree with OP. Pool are better team than CFC.

Before kick off would have taken a draw, but after playing the way we played and to take only 1pt feels like a defeat.

Sturridge hit was good. But Kepa needs to answer. I am afraid that he may turn like Morata.
    Crazy transfer fees and these Spanish kids are sulking bunch. <doh>

5. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Nice to see us go at a team and really attack. We played some great stuff again and our goal was sublime. The difference in style of play not even ten games in is amazing and I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed watching us as much as I am now.

A draw was fair although it’s disappointing we conceded so late there isn’t much could be done about that, wonder strike.

We need to get Kovacic signed permanently, he’s absolutely class, could watch him all day.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Got that pretty much wrong, hat off to Sarri and the players. We are not far behind Liverpool if at all, and most impressive is our will to win. Couldn't find fault with any player, they all put in and all play for each other. Our goalkeeper needs to improve, but he's young and good enough to do so.
    Draw was exactly the right result as neither team deserved to lose and neither could dominate the other for very long.

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Kovacic is immense. He shields Alonso like Kante would do. He threads passes forward like Cescy. He can run nonstop. He can tackle. Kid has everything.

Best bit of business even if it is 1 year loan, thanks to Thibo moron.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  8. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Lol to Chelsea Pensioner. You won the league in 14/15 and then again two years ago in 16/17, you only had crap seasons after each due to Mourinho doing what he does and Conte appearing to fall out with everyone. As though you are suddenly miles behind us....

As for the game, entertaining and quite end to end with high energy. Could have easily finished something like 3-3. Kovacic was my man of the match, quality player. I think we will be fighting neck and neck for 2nd place personally.

9. The Ginger Marks

There appears to be nothing between the two sides given the two recent games and league positions. So should be close, City have yet to ignite and you never know.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  10. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Liverpool still chant about Chelsea ‘having no history’. So, where’s Liverpool’s history of winning a Premiership title? :1980_boogie_down:

A great game, great atmosphere, and we’re improving with every game. My only concerns were Barkley coming on for Kovacic - Kovacic was immense and should have stayed on in my opinion. Morata jogging around when he came on and not contesting for the ball as Costa used to.

BobbyD, The Ginger Marks and StanDMan like this.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

True, but we have had 3 managers, 3 changes of style, 2 changes of formation and lost our best striker, a very good though unpleasant goalkeeper, and until this season bought weird players ,Drinkwater, Zappacosta etc. We still have no striker worth 2 bob and our best young talent watching from the sidelines or playing for other teams, and are work in progress.
    Liverpool have had very good recruitment and 2 season under the same clever and likeable manager to consolidate and grow.
    I think you are entitled to be infront of us with development at this stage, and this game was our litmus test.
    Great game by the way, love the attitude of both sets of players and managers.
    Best of luck with your battle to pip City, I'd happily settle for 3rd place, even 4th. 2nd should be our goal for the time being, and is starting to look possible.

12. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Agreed. Will be glad
    Barkley wasn't too bad.. but Morata waste of Space. He is a combination of Nando & Cescy (past it). Looks ominous for us. He is young, only way we can recover some money on him..

13. The Ginger Marks

True! The only problem with the team is a lack of a decent striker.

14. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I hope the rumours of Mitrovic are true. He seems like the kind of striker we need. As much as I want Morata to be good I just don’t think he’s cut out for the PL. he smashed it in Italy and Spain where its much less physical and I think that’s where he belongs.

I’d love to see Tammy get second spot and bring batshuayi back too. (Unless we’ve sold him? I can’t keep up with the ins and outs.)

15. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Pleasantly surprised with the rapid progress we’ve made so far under Sarri - the shambles in the Summer seems to be a distant memory, no doubt there’s a few things that need tweaking but overall pleased with our positive approach this season long may it continue.

16. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Strangely enough I don’t think Sarri has been brought in to win things, at least not this season.
    It would appear that the management have opene their eyes to the bad blood and PR issues going on at the club and they want to bring some amicability to everything again. Think about it. When was the last time we actually had a season where the manager wasn’t causing issues? Roberto Di Matteo?
    As long as he keeps everyone ticking along and not causing a scene, then the trophies will come and our best players will stay.

Bodinki likes this.
  17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You could be on to something here.
    But how long will it be before Roman and the abrasive attitude of his board rub Sarri up the wrong way too?

18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It's because they're ****ing dickheads mate.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Our first league title was 63 years ago, does that not count as history?
    Our first PL win was 13 years ago now! How long does a title win have to go before its no longer current and is classed as history? Maybe we should ask the Pool fans........

Bristol Blue likes this.
  20. Chelsea Pensioner

History is what you gloat about when you have no present and not enough brains to look to the future.
    Pretty stupid and not what most Liverpool fans are concentrating on. Pretty sure the majority are looking forwards, not backwards, but every club has its retards.
    Liverpool have set themselves up nicely for the next few years, and look to be our major competitor for the immediate future. Hope our next matches against Pool are as good as the last 2, great attacking play and no surrender from either team. Doesn't get better.