1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

little old Southampton

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by MorgansBitOnTheSchneid, Sep 6, 2013.

1. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

MorgansBitOnTheSchneid Well-Known Member

After a lengthy debate tonight in the pub, are we, Southampton too unfashionable for England? Do the F.A expect the top English clubs to snap up the best youth to make England more of a global brand? When did Man U last create a 'great' player infact when was the last time any of the top 6 in England actually developed a cracking star? All the top 5/6 seem to poach or buy them rather than creating them which leaves teams like Saints in a crap position. We just do it and its remarkable and I don't think the production line is done just yet.......................

2. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

Paul schools, Gary Neville, Ryan giggs?

3. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

Are you having a laugh? <doh>

4. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Hmm not sure you can not say top teams have not produced much talent.......You missed out Rooney- Michael Owen- Hargreaves-Wilshire-Carrick. Even our very own Lambert.......Someone took a chance with them at some time they were all on someone's production line somewhere. As for the big teams poaching players....that may be true...but there is plenty of fish in the sea as they say and plenty of talent for dear "lil ol Southampton" to turn a few into stars. I forget the odds to be honest against youngsters making the grade to a full international or even into a PL player I believe it to be about 25/30 to 1 maybe even higher for an international. I'm sure someone with better knowledge will come up with a more precise answer to that!

5. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone said on Sky yesterday that Man City presently have 35 ex-graduates plying their trade in the Leagues. Didn't give examples though.

6. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

Haha. I know what you mean but with over 80 England caps he's probably not as bad as you think. Certainly better than Phil in my view. Of course his image has risen almost meteorically as a result of his MNF analysis on Sky.