1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liberty Stadium Expansion

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Jager, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

"We just came from a meeting having that discussion about what's the best opportunity for us to grow the stadium, so more of our fans have the opportunity to witness the incredible action live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37134785

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Tickets still available for the Hull game.

3. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Those will be sold today, the fact is that the club has sold out for almost every premier league game since being in the premier league, and there are thousands of people on the waiting list for season tickets, there is a need for expansion.

4. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

With that level of ticket demand I would expect tickets to be sold out long before matchday.

5. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Why? The Hull game is hardly going to get the juices flowing is it? And looking online there is less than a hundred seats available through their interactive map. So I suspect most of those will be gone by game time.

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Why?

First home game of the season after an away win first game of the season.

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't it , 1st game home of the season , Hull just beat the current Champions with tidy manager and rumblings that they'll get one over us , we have new players and it looks ilke the dour pragmatic way of playing has been abandoned ,

8. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

You need to look at that map again, most of these seats are singles, so whoever buys them will be going to the game by themselves. Using this as some kind of argument to not have an expansion is odd to say the least, when you have demand that outstrips availability then you need to actually expand that availability. When you are selling more than 99% of seats something needs to be done. Also the Swans has 74% of capacity as season ticket holders, the highest in the league

9. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Well 89 seats are available for home fans, I would say that people are going to the game, and as I said above that means more than 99% of tickets have been sold for this game.

10. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Well considering to date they haven't dipped into their pockets how much will this cost US , we're still shy of a few players and with our wage bill being drastically reduced and key players sold with little sign on the horizon of any more it's all well and good having these pipe dreams but games are won and lost on the pitch and without a competitive squad whats the point of having a 30-35,000 seater ground .Ask cardiff what they'd prefer

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.

11. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Taken on board.

12. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

They have been in charge about a month, what do you expect them to do, a Newcastle? They are doing things I want them to do as a fan, not make stupid promises, not overspend on transfers, not burden the club with debt to buy it. And talking sensibly about the future. And we don't really need more players with the exception of a CB! And talking about games is a different subject to this thread, if you want to talk games then there is a match day thread on for today's and another one for the next one!

DragonPhilljack and JonesyJack like this.
  13. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Maybe its just me,a little bit cautious.

I remember the white elephant East stand being built down the Old Lady when the team needed strengthening first.

We all know the outcome.

14. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

The team has been strengthened though, or do you consider the players we have brought in are not good enough? And the way you are talking is as if its mutually exclusive each thing, and the club cannot do two things at once. For me I am happy how things are proceeding and the pace of it. I don't entirely trust the yanks, but they are here now, so we should take them on board and support them, well at least until they fook up!

15. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

To be honest I would be extremely concerned if they dived in and started splashing the cash in the first few weeks or months. If they have a long term plan then a measured approach needs to be taken.
    I suspect that there are a number of areas that aren't visible to us that needed addressing and also the commercial related side.
    There is no doubt we need to expand the stadium but again in a controlled manner. So it will be interesting to see how they approach the discussions with the various stakeholders.

DragonPhilljack and Jager like this.
  16. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Tell you after 10 games :emoticon-0117-talki

17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

I suggest winding your neck in .Because someone doesn't share the same view does't mean it's any less valid , thats a couple of times now that you've had snide dig at me .You mentioned Hull not me and regardless who diid initially I wouldn't dream of telling another poster what he can or cannot post .

swanseaandproud likes this.
  18. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

I think you should get off your high horse here, I am giving my own bloody opinion, if you don't like it then tough ****!

19. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well there is a very large list of over 6000 who signed up for season tickets at the last count, which was over 18 months ago, and I happen to be one of them, and our stadium expansion is long over due, and is one of the commercial areas that our club can grow revenue from. With reference to our squad, I'm pleased we have cut the wage bill, it was getting bloated with rubbish signings, which have now been corrected, our squad is far better than last season, except for Williams departure, and that's the only position I see as a target. Even our Giudfather has stated he has competiton for all positions and is happy, so if he's happy I'm happy, so what you winging at you old boot.........<laugh>

20. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member