1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Liam Hearn or Billy Sharp?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by look_back_in_amber, Jan 23, 2012.

1. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Ok, so it's blatantly obvious that we aren't scoring enough goals and, if we REALLY want to seen as a REAL threat to the top two, we NEED to find a remedy for that.

Personally I'm not so sure about Billy Sharp, he appears to have done ok when the pressure has been off, however when he went (back) to the Blunts for a £2M fee he didn't do the business, whether that was the style of play that they were playing or simply the pressure of having such a big price tag on his head, or something else altogether, I'm not sure, what I am sure of is, based on the previous info, he would appear to be a very expensive gamble at circa £3M plus upwards of £15k per week in wages.

Liam Hearn on the other hand is obviously playing at a much lower level but certainly seems to know where the goal is, I'm not sure how much Grimsby would want for him but I'm sure that it would be no more than £500,000, he would also probably be more than happy to have a weekly wage of around £5k.

Other than the above two players I really can't think of any strikers that would fit into the style of play that NB appears to be trying to cultivate at City.

So, what do you think?

2. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Pshaw. We'd get him for 250k and 2k a week MAX and I think he's worth a punt to be honest. I'd worry about the fact it took his so long to break his duck though and whether he'd be given that time here. He was getting a lot of stick from the Codheads early in the season.

3. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

As for Liam Hearn, I would guess that Conor Townsend is keeping NB upto speed on that one and i would say maybe 300k down plus add ons would get him. Wages would not be an issue especially if James Harper leaves this week. Its worth a gamble and even IF not for this season sign him and leave him @ Grimsby for this season.

Billy Sharp ? who knows. Yes nothing has been done by City so far (apparantly) but who can tell. Interesting that Mr Sharp will be at the KC on deadline day. What better time and place to do a deal eh ? For sure the Tiger Nation @ the KC that night should rise as one and salute Billy Sharp for rejecting Leicester and NP. Well done B.S.

4. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

you think he ll be at the circle on deadline day? the transfer window is yet to 'hot-up' in my opinion and Nigel Pearson is only just starting

5. charles stokell

charles stokell Active Member

Yes I wondered about Liam Hearn too, I watched him on Tv the other night. He certainly knows where the goals are and he made it look easy, but as you say its a much lower league. I remember some famous pundit saying a good goal scorer can score at any any level. Another thing is his age??? tho' maybe he is worth a gamble at the right price.

6. The FRENCH TICKLER

Indeed he will. For Doncaster Rovers at the very least. Lesta hotting up ? Yeah ok. Still to be convinced on that one.

7. The FRENCH TICKLER

Wages wise Hearn will be cheaper than James Harper and he aint on alot. Fee wise would be 300-500K max plus maybe add ons. imo. Agreed LH is worth a gamble But i would maybe leave him @ Grimsby for now or even Loan them Mark Cullen for the season.

8. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Just give them Cullen in the deal.

9. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

Neither what we want IMO - Sharp as others have said, failed for whatever reason at Sheff U on his return whilst Grimsby and Hearns are beating the likes of Bath City in the 5th tier.

Personally think we need a bigger player not a midget like Sharp (who's only bagged two more goals than Fryatt & Koren albeit in a struggling side) - Darius Henderson for me. Someone with presence that will also give us a Plan B.

10. The FRENCH TICKLER

What about a cheeky bid for Boltons Kevin Davies or Blackburns Jason Roberts ? Then again maybe not. They are Free transfers in the summer. The problem with Henderson is that he could be in Prison by the end of March.

11. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

Excuse me peeps but shouldn't we be giving our new loan striker a chance to shine or otherwise before we start going on about who we should sign. Don't be writing him off just yet. Man U don't sign many shabby players, I will make an exception in the case of Manucho.

12. The FRENCH TICKLER

King looks good for what we saw of him on saturday. Hence why starting him against Crawley should be a given. City can then take him off after an hour or so after King has run the Crawley backline ragged. Then Fryatt can come on off the bench to add a goal or 2. Just saying like.

13. suttontiger

suttontiger Active Member

Henderson in prison by the end of March - are we mistaken him for Ched Evans?

Both Kevin Davies and Jason Roberts (more chance of the latter) would be good also.

14. The FRENCH TICKLER

They could well be cell mates. Henderson could well get sent down if quilty ? Then again due to over crowding he may just get community service ? I did not want King after what he did so why should I / we accept Henderson ?
    Somethings are more important in life. Its a shame as D.H. is a quality player though.

15. Pat E O'Dors

Pat E O'Dors Well-Known Member

merchantman5
    I will make an exception in the case of Manucho.
    Manucho scored winner for Angola in African cup of nations yesterday against Burkina Faso. Whoever they are.:smiley-finger007:

16. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I actually don't think Manucho was as bad as he's made out on here, yeah he missed some right sitters but showed good movement and touch and was definitely a presence in the air, he had pace too. Could have just been a vile concoction of pressure and low morale as to why he fell to pieces in front of goal? Fryatt and McLean are just as guilty for missing sitters if not worse - remember McLean missing an open goal from a yard out against Donny at home last season?

17. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

hmmm i was expecting something similar for Simpson , but he came on with seconds to go. for me Brady and King are a must for saturday !!

18. The FRENCH TICKLER

Nobody will ever beat Denis Laws miss for Man Utd though ? That was the worst ever miss - From Under the Bar.

19. The FRENCH TICKLER

I would agree along with Garcia for the 3 behind Simpson. With a hard game 3 days later against Doncaster, this Crawley game is a good one to have to give the squad players a game. Crawley have not won in there last 3 away games, Drawing @ Oxford utd(1-1) - Bristol Rovers(0-0) and Plymouth(1-1) on saturday.

20. Hythe tiger

Hythe tiger Member

Ronnie rosenthal miss for Liverpool must come close to the law one lol