1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Lets Do This Chairboys v Bees 21th Nov 20

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys are back at Adams Park for the first time for three weeks looking to get back to winning ways but we face another of the promotion favourites with the visit of the Bees a club we have met on 31 occasions and its honours even with ten wins apiece although we have lost our last three the last was this season when Daryl Horgan won us a penalty shoot out that we lost 4-2.
    Gaz is back to take charge and I believe he has a fully fit squad we will see as the five subs rule has been brought back with nine on the bench no social distancing going on there.
    Another game to watch on ifollow and the lads will need to be on top form to get anything from this game but we pushed them all the way in September so lets do this for Rocky<cheers>

Ron and Cardiff-Wycombe like this.
  2. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

We are not used to these international breaks, I think it could be really beneficial for our small squad.

3. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

What small squad as far as I know we have the limit of 25 players, they might not all be ready to play Championship football. Still 25 players.

4. Guywanderer

TEAM NEWS: A first ever Championship appearance for the returning Dominic Gape!
    Daryl Horgan starts after impressing on international duty, and Adebayo Akinfenwa leads the attack.
    #WYCvBRE https

5. Guywanderer

Akinfenwa captains the side today, while David Stockdale, Uche Ikpeazu, Matt Bloomfield and Ryan Tafazolli miss out through injury.
    #WYCvBRE

6. Guywanderer

A well deserved point 0-0

7. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

A good point today you do wonder about these teams that pass the ball around with very little end product

8. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Somebody should have given Toney a slap today he was a twat throughout the 2nd half. :steam:

9. Cardiff-Wycombe

Another good point and a clean sheet, I don’t think anyone thinks us the whipping boys of the league anymore.

Ron likes this.
  10. Cardiff-Wycombe

I guess my point being, as you said, not everyone is championship quality, therefore our best 11 needs to play as much as possible for us to pick up points.

11. Guywanderer

I think we know what we need to be doing now Rocky has always been a good shot stopper but he seem to command his area now Knight has been a revelation along side Stewart who looks like he was born to play at this level Grimmer also JJ has learnt to not go forward without his position covered Thompson is the new N'Golo Kante Horgan and Wheeler are very good and work like Trojan's Bayo occupies the centre backs leaving Kashket to run rings around them and we have the likes of McCleary Fred Adeniran McCathy and Mehmeti to come off the bench plus others that can do a job
    Plus we got a point for Rocky lets hope we get all three on Tuesday

Ron likes this.
  12. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I would have been happier with Adeniran starting instead of Gape who was poor and off the pace after his injury,hopefully we'll see him start on Tuesday with Gape on the bench.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I couldn't understand why Adeniran didn't start (or come off the bench); he looked class on the occasion I saw him

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

upload_2020-11-22_12-50-2.png

Compared to how it looked at half time, it would seem we had a good second half

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How good are Gape, Wheeler and Thompson compared with McCarthy, Adzniran and McCleary; and how is Fred looking in the Championship?

Oh, and what is Mehmeti like?