1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leicester City at the Bridge

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Jan 13, 2018.

1. The Ginger Marks

B61D4868-F857-48E9-8F0D-D26224570061.jpeg
    Chelsea have no fresh injury worries ahead of our game with Leicester this afternoon. Also we have won seven successive home games in the league, keeping five clean sheets during that run. Hoping we wake up after a lack lustre game in mid-week and expect to see a few changes from that team.

Jamie Vardy is again available after injury and Leicester will come fresh having rested most of their first team mid-week.
    Chelsea
    • 13Courtois
    • 28Azpilicueta
    • 24Cahill
    • 2Rüdiger
    • 15Moses
    • 14Bakayoko
    • 7Kanté
    • 4Fàbregas
    • 3Alonso
    • 10E Hazard
    • 9Morata
    Substitutes
    • 1Caballero
    • 11Pedro
    • 21Zappacosta
    • 22Willian
    • 23Batshuayi
    • 27Christensen
    • 30David Luiz
    Leicester
    • 1Schmeichel
    • 18Amartey
    • 16Dragovic
    • 15Maguire
    • 3Chilwell
    • 26Mahrez
    • 22James
    • 25Ndidi
    • 11Albrighton
    • 20Okazaki
    • 9Vardy
    Substitutes
    • 7Gray
    • 8Iheanacho
    • 12Hamer
    • 19Slimani
    • 21Iborra
    • 28Fuchs
    • 29Benalouane

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Bakayoko scores 1-0 ........................................... To Walsall Amadou Bakayoko.

3. The Ginger Marks

Bakayoko s having a mare...again!

4. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Who next to replace Tony??

You cannot ignore his 'sack me' anymore. Cescy 2nd game starting in 3 days FFS! No one can legislate that.

Will be lucky to get a draw here!!

5. The Ginger Marks

Nothing to do with Fabregas Stan, the whole team played badly with the exception of Dave & Christensen.

6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

That was bad, really bad. We've become too predictable, need to freshen it up a bit.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Totally agree. Should have started 3 4 3

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  8. The Ginger Marks

Should have started with Willian & Pedro.

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Totally agree.

Moses Drink Kante Alonso
    Will Morata Pedro

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Need to freshen it up a lot !!!
    Very poor selections again from an increasingly lost manager. I am puzzled why Conte can't see there are no goals in a team with Bakayoko and Fabregas in the same midfield, with Morata our lone striker and Cahill at the heart of defence. Maybe we really do need to start thinking about someone with more vision. Pedro, Luiz and Willian sit and watch the team, with too many players out of form, give a totally predictable turgid performance for most of the game. Conte finally makes changes, too late as usual. It's time to drop the underperformers like Bakayoko, Cahill and Morata. Not even on the bench for a couple of games.
    Drinkwater had a poor last outing , but was still better than Bakayoko, Luiz is twice the player Cahill is at CD, Pedro and Willian give us the pace and energy we desperately need, and even Michy couldn't be worse than Morata at the moment. Hazard is knackered and Kante, Alonso and Dave must be getting that way too. We can do better than this, and doing nothing will cause bigger problems the longer it's put off.

11. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

We're - going - to - score - don't - know - when - don't - where
    But- I - know - we're - going - to - score - some - sunny - day

Well hot dickety dog Barca must be quacking in their boots - all this and 4 more games in the next 14 days better crank up the respirators for our motley crew; do I sense that Conte is fast losing in his project.

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Do you think their players will be trying to Duck out of they game :bandit:

Gareth1808 likes this.
  13. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

To me it looked like you were proved exactly right about Cesc Fabregas - today he looked burned out and he should really have scored one of his chances. Conte was right to substitute him and Hazard as Hazard seemed to go AWOL after 10 minutes. A bit of booing with the half time whistle and to be honest we were lucky not to be at least 0-2 down at half time. We could have won the game when Pedro and Willian were brought on.

If we could sign Alexis Sanchez or a similar player that would surely end the goal drought. From what I saw today the team is knackered already with a very heavy schedule ahead.

BobbyD and StanDMan like this.
  14. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Fair go - I guess I will have to sack my secretary. Anyway here's hoping the cavalry comes quickly at the end of this transfer window but I won't hold my breath.

Diego likes this.
  15. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Eagles D can carry Foles. #FylEaglesFly !!

But we cannot afford to carry Cescy..

Like Nando got 4 managers sacked, I won't be surprised if Tony is using Cescy to get him sacked!!

Thank you Tony.. You too Judas ??

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So 4 ex-managers plus Tony have purposely picked players to get them sacked?
    Either there is something seriously wrong at your club that makes managers desperate to get out or, you haven't a clue about football.
    I know which way I would vote :emoticon-0100-smile

17. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Tony was #1 manager last season, but he gets paid what 4th or 5th hightest pay in the league. Who will have motivation?

I may not have a clue about football, but I do little bit about professional life.
    If I know I will double my pay next year by joining another organization - I would down my tool.

Judas did that with us, he is doing it with you.

Tony just following it.
    Like I called few weeks ago, when Judas ditches you for Paris, I won't be surprised if you pick up Tony.

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

:emoticon-0113-sleep

19. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Have to go with you Diego, I think Fabregas is just a Stan fetish.
    What I am starting to think though, and maybe there is something for Stan in this, is that Conte is a vindictive narcissist. He drove out Costa, is doing the same with Luiz, will lose Hazard and Willian, and all to show what a tough guy he is to the management who don't buy everyone he wants. It's been a season long dummy spit with the Club placed secondary to his personal gripes. He constantly picks players out of form instead of ones he didn't buy, and plays for draws too often.
    I for one will not be unhappy to see him go despite the fact he could have been a great manager for us if only for his temperament and poor man management skills.
    Not that it will make any difference to Chelsea, the next one in will be the next one out in a season anyway, and we will continue to piss away a fortune on mediocrity, but stay in the top 4.
    That's life under a Russian Oligarch whose money excludes failure as an option, and whose attitude rubs off on too many players.

BobbyD and Diego like this.
  20. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I think Conte still is a great manager for us. Things went wrong against Leicester due to too many knackered players from the Arsenal game in mid week. We’ll soon see how good Conte really is with how he can set up his team against Norwich in the FA Cup replay. With Gary Cahill injured - probably from stretching to make that brilliant block from a Leicester thunder bolt strike - I just hope we don’t lose any more defenders from injury because it’s our defence that’s still holding strong.

I have to agree with what you wrote in a earlier post because you’re right in stating that the club will have to spend some serious money on players to keep pace with Man City and the best in Europe.