1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Mar 30, 2024.

?

City win?

1. City

2. Draw

3. White ****e

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

If Giles justifies 4m in our setup in the next 7 games then I'm sure well trigger it.

But he hasn't done it so far.

Dunno why you want to die on this hill frankly as there's probably better value out there on the evidence so far.

2. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Die on what hill? Because I called a signing sensible?

Why do you continue to feel the need to pick one strand out of a much larger point?

3. Mckechnie Orange

At 4m for what he's shown so far it's not sensible.

Think that's the part you're not quite grasping.

But you go on like it's a foregone conclusion.

All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up too high. The club will make a decision in summer.

4. SydneyTiger14

How much did Omur cost us and how much has he shown to justify it compared to Giles?

How many assists over his career does Giles have at this level to show that his class is there?

That's what you're not grasping but it's really not worth re-treading yet again.

5. Mckechnie Orange

Time will tell. As always. If you want to nail your colours to a mast then you're nowt but brave on this one.

6. SydneyTiger14

"Nail my colours to a mast" because I called a signing sensible for stability and improving the squad. <laugh>

7. Mckechnie Orange

And missing the price tag, yeah.

8. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I completely agree with Syd. I don't understand this notion of there's better value out there when we've tried to sign one for ages and ended up with Greaves at LB. Giles is the one player I think it's fair to say we don't play to his strengths, he puts in a great ball but we've got nobody in the box (if we do they're all tiny) for him to pick out.

£4m isn't a lot of money at Championship level any more and inflation has really helped these level purchases. Going back about a decade when Bruce took us up, you used to get £6-8m for a top Championship player, but you can get £20m+ now. It all changed when Villa started throwing stupid money around under Tony Xia. My point is the top end Championship players' value has shot up dramatically but the good level of championship player hasn't increased by the same margin.

I think you're better off saying, assuming Greaves & Jaden both leave, would you spend 10% of the budget on Giles? And I think that's a no brainer as it leave plenty of money for other areas

9. Mckechnie Orange

Who did we try to sign 'for ages' incidentally?

And 4m for a LB when we don't have a contracted No9 beyond summer seems a little fanciful to me.

But you can agree all you like. Won't make one iota of difference to the decision the club will make though and that's what's laughable.

What you subjectively want to happen now and what will happen in July are two entirely disconnected things.

I haven't stated a preference, I think it's in the balance personally.

But why on earth do you both desperately need to be so definitive about something that hasn't even happened yet?

Are you attention deficient or something?

10. SydneyTiger14

Bloody hell the self-awareness here. <laugh>

11. Mckechnie Orange

Touche.

12. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

To be honest Syd your upto your old tricks of not actually reading what was put and adding bits to suit your reply. i never said omur was keeping us in the race, I said I’d put him in Fabio’s position.
    PLT there’s nothing wired about it….just my opinion, posted on a football forum

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  13. SydneyTiger14

Take Omur out of it then, but the writing off of Carvalho off the back of 5 goals is a bit crazy.

14. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

So we agree I didn’t say it?
    And I never wrote him off, we are virtually out of the play offs, he won’t be here next season (especially if and that’s if he is one of the players that went to tan) so why not try omur there. He will be here next season, on Monday for little spells he came inside and looked decent

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  15. eimaj

eimaj Well-Known Member

Odd back 4, odd subs, either SMac is carrying a knock, in which case why is he even on the bench, or he's really not fancied. Another daft goal for their 1st, Slater should know he can't do that **** for their 2nd, but I don't have any qualms about their 3rd, we were chasing the game, **** or bust.

I can see why the players would be getting frustrated, they've bought into Rosieball and aren't seeing the benefits. If it's true that players are going direct to Tan, and with results not going our way, Rosie's days must be numbered.

IMO, now's the ideal time to be finding a replacement to give them the full summer to work with.

petersaxton likes this.
  16. SydneyTiger14

Didn't say what? You said Carvalho wasn't impressive and that Omur could fill the role. Omur has scored no goals. PLT picked you up on the same point. If you think Omur can do what Fabio has done then I'll have to disagree. Carvalho has been basically our only consistent attacking talent who has, dare I say it, carried our season since January.

You'll find that I've also said that we should be predominantly playing our permanent players, but I'd play Tufan in Carvalho's role with Omur on the right. Tufan has a lot more end product at this stage.

Tigerboy98 likes this.
  17. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

You know what Syd, you’re just brushing it under the carpet and carrying on the debate.
    Enjoy your day

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  18. SydneyTiger14

I think you'll find I was actually agreeing with your point that we should be playing our permanent players over the loanees but all good.

19. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

I don't have a horse in this race but perhaps Ömur doesn't have 5 goals because he's largely been playing wider, a bit deeper and hes just not had the same minutes as Carvalho has. He definitely helps make us tick when he's on though. Out of the two, and looking at their overall contributions and key moments, I feel like Ömur provides more of a contribution personally.

DuaneDarby18, Geo10 and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  20. SydneyTiger14

Yeah I like omur just think he's better out wide where he can use his ability. Feels a bit diminutive to play central but I think we'll see him tried there. Just think Tufan makes more sense.

Benjo likes this.