1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds v Birmingham highlights

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Oct 20, 2019.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

This game was being built as a big game, a must win game, a game where we put Brum to sword etc etc.

First half wasn't brilliant, it was decent but not brilliant. Second half wasn't as good as the first half.

Second half saw Birmingham back in game, infact, Birmingham were playing better Bielsa ball than we were.

Bielsa was right to sub Bamford, he's not a championship striker, more like a lower division striker. He's picked as the main striker, Bamford calls himself a striker, but Bamford doesn't play like a striker cos he ain't scoring goals, and as the main striker he should be.

Harrison is not only a seized cog in machine, he's a cog with no teeth. Send him back.

We are getting walked over, out played and out positioned in midfield, and this is not just this match, it's been quite a few matches this season, and it needs fixing.

Who's job is it to control the midfield and break up opponents attacks in midfield, it's our 130 million quid CM KP. Where was he in midfield, Brum had the run of midfield, they had enough room to sail the HMS Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carrier through with room for a couple of destroyers on either side.

I heard the commentator say Alioski did well to get back to cover for KP, cos KP went too far forward and couldn't get back in time to help thwart a brum counter attack. KP went missing in defence a few times cos he can't read a game.

We began to falter and panic towards end of game, again, seems to be becoming a regular occurance this season.

Harrison made a mistake and actually passed the ball which allowed Phillips to slot home the eventual winner.

If we want promotion this season we have to up our game to the level of last season at least, if we don't, we ain't getting promoted, also, Harrison, Bamford and Phillips need replacing with players who know what they're doing and can score goals.

If Harrison hadn't made a mistake we would've drawn the game, and could easily have lost it.

We're not good enough for promotion at moment, our passing game is faltering, our goal scoring is faltering and our need to control the midfield is flawed.......needs to change.

Quick match highlights

highlights second half

Bielsa post match.
    I said in a post reply to Shaks that God made Harrison pass the ball to Phillips, seems Bielsa agreed with me in his post match interview.

Bielsa quite rightly gave Alioski lots of plaudits, and Alioski did play to justify those plaudits.

Peps post match

Deans post match interview

wainmanjoe post match

Phillips post match interview.

Effin Hell, Phillips talks like he reads a game. "Team played well" "We played well as a team""If we keep playing like that there's no reason why we can't get more 3 points"................Mr Phillips, learn to read a game. We didn't play well as a team, we struggled to hold on to win the match cos Brum were all over us....<doh>

Top 10 goals in Leeds Centenary.

Happy Birthday Leeds United, 100 years, our Centenary.

Radz on Leeds Birthday.

Opportunity to compare last season to this seasons play and goals.

Leeds United best bits from 2018 / 19

Alf Hooker likes this.
  2. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

LL Thanks for the highlights. I'm sure we will agree on something one day, until then........

2Ccq.gif

Gessa likes this.
  3. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

I didn’t see it so can’t comment. But delighted to see you agree KP is now our £130m man.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  4. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Hopefully I'm very wrong, but last 6 games of season is going to paint the bigger picture, just like it did last season.

5. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Harrison made a mistake? So winning the ball out of nothing & providing an assist for an easy goal is a mistake? I wish more of our players could make mistakes like that. Then again, this comes from the guy who to this day insists that Wood's goals were 'accidents'. <doh>

Sometimes you just have to wonder about someone's allegiance - or whether they're on the right meds.

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Shooting abysmal. Brum keeper thankfully didn’t cover himself in glory with KP’s goal but all that matters is the three points. Improvement needed though