1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Leicester City Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Obviously delighted and high adrenaline night but, we were outplayed for three quarters of that game. Reality check, if we both went up, Leicester would be one of the worst teams we would face and definitely one of the teams we must beat if we want to stay in the Premier League, twice probably.

My good friend Jammy, you are wrong. Firpo is dog mate, premier league game is lost tonight because of him, his two or even three errors mean there is no coming back.

My good friend Jammy, you are right. Without Dan James (and, realistically Bamford) there is no coming back tonight. He might be the most important player for us for the rest of the season even if it is just cameos because he terrifies teams.

I’ve come to really rate Gruev but thought he was only 6/10 tonight, some sloppy passing when we were under the kosh.

Like most, Kamara doesn’t get me excited and, even though I’ve seen him play better, he just keeps things ticking. Might seem a bit weird but actually my MOTM tonight (sorry, did I just say Man of the Match, will I get chucked in the Gulag for assuming Kamara is a bloke?).

Now, Georgi, I need Doc back for a bust up. Got the pre ordained MOTM from Sky, broke the lines and was instrumental in turning a loss into a win but….. the reason he is a liability at ten is teams know, one tackle when he refuses to pass opens us up. Ergo, the reason Piroe is a liability at 9 is my 90 year old tortoise (Micky The Wig) could beat him in a flat foot race up the garden. Piroe is actually tidier in possession than Rutter. Exciting while it works but, had we lost tonight, Farke would be facing a lot of criticism because both of them were really poor for long periods in their “obvious “ natural positions.

2. Marcos Barber

10 out of none must be an Irish thing but, otherwise, spot on :emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Agreed on Firpo tonight.

Perfectly acceptable first half, but wasn't at the races second half and rightly subbed off <ok>

4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

No questions to be answered. Nine straight wins is immense. Doesn’t really matter what happens in London but we can dream

5. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that as first decent side we've played in ages and they cut us to ribbons at times.

Does that not concern you going forward ?

6. Marcos Barber

Apologies guys, I’ve been overruled by VAR, Kamara wasn’t Person of the Match, Ampadu was, almost flawless display. Well played son <applause>

7. Eireleeds1

Of course I’m concerned. That’s why I don’t want us back in pl

8. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

9. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Surely worry about being concerned if we get back :emoticon-0148-yes:......the yanks must spend the :emoticon-0164-cash: that's a given, but right now just enjoying the ride, farke deserves immense praise for turning a rat filled ship wreck into a clean ocean going liner <applause>

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We get back, we cash in on the 11 rat jumpers and we add a bit of quality. For me, promotion is a must to sort out the **** show of those loans. I’m not going to expect a miracle, promotion and evaluate then.

11. lifecheshirewhite

We had to attack and they cut us up on the break,happens when your losing,didn't happen after we equalised.

12. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Absolutely spot on this.

Love this team but make no mistakes wholesale changes will be needed in the PL to strength. Even Summerville was nowhere to be seen tonight which shows the difference in Champ and PL. If we do get promoted (not counting my chickens just yet as we’re Leeds) I think we’ll need a new GK, LB, RB, CB (including Rodon), probably a CM after seeing Gruev/Kamara tonight or stick Ampadu and Archie in there, CAM, ST & another winger. Not saying we’ll ship out everyone but the strong will need to be strengthen massively. I'm glad for the win tonight and fair play but it I’m glad this has been highlighted.

13. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've always loved the Irish!

Why they can't live together in peace is beyond me! <wah>

wyn palmer likes this.
  14. Eireleeds1

Is there something going on I’ve missed

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. lifecheshirewhite

Don't think Eires house is big enough.

16. Eireleeds1

They’re invading my bar

17. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Well played. Thought Farke out thought Mareska with the substitutions, but not the first time that has happened to us this season. Not going to moan about poor officiating, still had enough chances to put this to bed. Fair play to the size of this board, far bigger than ours so shows the difference in the size of the clubs.

Diego, foolee, Gessa and 11 others like this.
  18. Brizzlewhite

Brizzlewhite Well-Known Member

You played us off of the park for most of that game. Not a happy board during 70 odd minutes - though I kept the faith :emoticon-0131-angel baiting whiners on the FB forum.

19. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

We got very fortunate for your disallowed goal and some poor finishing from your forwards. Hope we haven’t used up every ounce of fortune for the rest of the season in this game. At least the result keeps it still a four horse race for the title.

20. Wakey

Wakey Well-Known Member

No one likes a gloater do they?. Well who cares here is a before and after foxes photo. facebook_1708770206910_7167101713927379328.jpg