1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Ipswich Town Match thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 21, 2017.

?

Scoreline: Leeds Utd V Ipswich Town

Poll closed Sep 23, 2017.
  1. 0-0

5.3%
  2. 1-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2-2 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Leeds by 1

21.1%
  5. Ipswich by 1

10.5%
  6. Leeds by 2

52.6%
  7. Ipswich by 2

10.5%
  8. Leeds by 3 or more

5.3%
  9. Ipswich by 3 or more

5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Leeds Utd v Ipswich Town
    Saturday 23rd September [email protected]
    Streaming links to follow

Good Morning Everyone

Ipswich Town are the visitors to Elland Road on Saturday, and Leeds will be hoping they can get back to winning ways in the league having suffered humiliation at the Den a week before.

Christensen has not been scared of shaking things up. He made nine changes in the Cup win against an almost full strength Burnley side on Tuesday night, and now faces a selection dilemma.

I would imagine there will be starts for Felix, O'Kane, Alioski, Saiz, Lasogga, Ayling and Roofe. These seem to be Christiansen's favourites. The other positions imo are up for grabs.

I would imagine that Hernandez will be rested after his midweek heroics, perhaps play Saiz down the middle, with Roofe on the left?

It remains to be seen whether Jansson, Pennington and Cooper will be fit to play following knocks.

Having stuttered against QPR and Fulham, Mick McCarthy's men made easy work of Bolton a week ago lifting them to 5th in the division some two points away from the Whites.

They are never easy opponents, but surely the squad at the gaffers disposal will be too strong for the Tractor boys.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    DirtyLeeds likes this.
  2. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I think this will be a really tough game. I think it is a good time to rest Hernandez from the starting lineup. I'd probably stay with the same team as Millwall other than that (with Cooper coming in if fit). I'd be tempted to bring Vieira in for Phillips as well but its one off game from him, I don't think he deserves to be dropped because of that, Phillips has had a rest through the week and hopefully has a point to prove against Ipswich.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all, I think Hernandez, Saiz, Alioski, Lassoga will all start. I think Tommy has difficult choices as Viera & Klich played well against a Prem outfit, so a choice of O'Kane & Phillips & these 2 a full set of 4 defensive midfielders who can attack. Roofe & Dallas also deserve places, Lonners played well but Felix will play. More fun at the back as Pennington may step in for Pontus or Cooper, Ayling back on the right Shaughnessy also doing well but left back Berardi, Anita or CBJ?

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Fun at left back as we have decent options, remember when the big talking point was: wonder if Aidy White will be on the wing or left back :angry:

ellandback and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  5. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Bad news: My promised box ticket has turned into an East Stand upper seat. :-(

Good news: I will hunt down Shaks.

Bad news: cant do the pub before or after (no point cant drink) and have a family do on Saturday night.

COME ON LEEDS!

6. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

good morning and let me say good luck with the team selection tommy.i can not predict the team as we now have so many options.one way could be to sub two players at half time in midfield adding fresh legs to what surely will be another battle.perhaps pennington will be on the bench and shawknessy must start he has earned a go.he reminds me so much of the times when sweepers were the fashion.got a classy boot on him and reads the game well.what a find he is turning out to be.Pontus is not worth risking not with his type of injury.it is a long season and even more so with the mini cup run we have going on.
    Ipswich did not do well against Fulham who like to play football so lets get at them.
    not too sure how many they are bringing but they have only taken the upper part so won't be a full house, well in the away section that is.

LeeUtd likes this.
  7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Our team of hard honest grafters will be no match for your boys and all I'm hoping for is that we don't come away with a heavy beating. The only real creative threat we have is Bersent Celina but the dinosaur will keep him on the bench as he prefers pedestrian workmen to pace and flair. Most Town fans know that we are in a totally false position in the table and this game will mark our steady decline down to where this team belongs.

davy, ristac, ellandback and 4 others like this.
  8. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. As if it isnt hard enough organising flights thanks to SKY messing with fixtures, the ever reliable Ryanair pilots are now planning a series of strikes to add to the flight cancellations theyve already imposed. Looks like I may have to upgrade the armchair for our return to the PL

Doc and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Shaks wont want you butting in this weekend, he has his family with him <ok>

Irishshako likes this.
  10. patb

patb Well-Known Member

12 hours ago

On police advice Leeds will be drawn away at Bristol or Norwich with a midnight kick off on a Sunday #lufc #mot

please log in to view this image

11. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Morning all. Whichever team is picked I think we are a threat to any team in the championship because we have several players who are capable and want to score goals. A team like this is very difficult to defend against.

FORZA LEEDS and Whitejock like this.
  12. patb

patb Well-Known Member

13. patb

patb Well-Known Member

14. Eireleeds1

15. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

NIce try Johnny - you won't get a sympathy vote :emoticon-0105-wink:

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  16. Chippy / Glory

I have lots to discuss with his MOT.
    I will be suggesting she ceases the offy run and the lazy fecker gets his own ale.

17. wakeybreakyheart

more good news what a week it's been.i'm in the North stand so win win win.

Irishshako likes this.
  18. Chippy / Glory

19. patb

patb Well-Known Member

Eric Le Merde and Irishshako like this.
  20. wakeybreakyheart

no point he will only get an extra beer to drink on the way back.win win win.

Irishshako likes this.