1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Derby County

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 19, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

C26.jpg
    Leeds Utd v Derby County

Saturday 21st September 2019 12-30pm | Elland Road

129 days since they last met in the play off second leg semi final (not that I'm counting), Derby County will once again lock horns with the Whites at Elland Road for this lunchtime kick off.

There has been no love lost between the two sides. Derby instigated Spygate, blowing the matter out of all proportion having made accusations that the 'spy' was inside the confounds of their training ground hiding in the foliage with binoculars and a pair of clippers. In fact, the coach in question was not even inside their ground, and the clippers in question were irrelevant as found in the boot of his car. The Rams PR machine concluded their web of lies by saying the 'spy' was arrested, which once again was completely false.

To rub salt into the wound Derby owner Mel Morris recently incensed Radrizzani by using a third party company to purchase their own ground (Pride Park) for double what they had it valued for, then leased the ground back to the club. The 40m they made in the deal meant Derby would avoid financial fair play penalties.

d2.jpg

Having lost the likes of Mount and Wilson, who went back to their parent clubs in the Summer, Derby have slipped to 19th in the table only winning once this term, a 2-1 win against relegation threatened Huddersfield Town. Like most teams in the Championship, I'm sure Derby will up their game when they play Leeds.

Bielsa has no new injury worries. Forshaw is expected to miss out with the hip injury that saw him sidelined against Barnsley. Shackleton stands by.

Roberts and Ayling are both pushing for a return to first team action having both scored and performed well for the U23's in the 6-0 thrashing of Watford.

Nketiah and Costa are also knocking on the gaffers door looking for their first league starts of the season.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

I believe at Bielsa's press conference he stated Forshaw is out for Saturday's game.

wakeybreakyheart and ellandback like this.
  3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cheers Jonny

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  4. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. The Derby executive and the football League have created more ill will between the clubs than I have ever known. A relatively trivial incident and the punishment was blown up out of all proportion. I hope our supporters will limit showing displeasure verbally without any violence as this will surely result in more over the top punishment for our club and may even affect our promotion chances.

ristac, Whitejock, Jammy 07 and 4 others like this.
  5. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Morning. Off to the dentists so day not starting well. I’m sorry Fat Frank isn’t still there because we are going to stuff em.

Doc likes this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

This has got 0-0 written all over it.

Leedsoflondon and Whitejock like this.
  7. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Hes not still at the dentists? That's good, imagine him doing your teeth <yikes>

2020VisionofLeeds and Whitejock like this.
  8. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Totally agree Duke.

We need to fly under the radar for the whole season.

That means fans playing their part too, last season saw quite a few incidents of coin throwing from the South Stand at opposition players. Do I expect them to reign it in because we're top of the League...nope because they're like the scorpion who needed a lift over the river.

w.c.dukenfield and Whitejock like this.
  9. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Probably not the best place for this but having done a little light reading around the UEFA rules for financial fair play for accounting it appears to me that if the EFL used these rules, which I believe to be the basis of their own guidelines, then according to Appendix X, Part D

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 6.29.28 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 6.29.14 am.png

As I said probably not the best place for this.

As for the match a 3-0 would be well received.

10. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Get this over to the 'Boro site. They'll know what to do with it.

Gessa likes this.

11. Whitejock

Seen this on a Leeds FB page. Apparently reading the YEP, in Costa, Wetherby, I believe. Who says he can't speak english? Between this & correcting his translator's translation at the presser! He's a sly old codger, right enough!

please log in to view this image

12. lifecheshirewhite

There has been some recent change that allowed them to include the ground sales. Read it somewhere, it was a prem rule that the EFL picked up without realising it's open to abuse.

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  13. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

His english is probably very good, but as he is a perfectionist he probably uses the translator.(who does a very good job)
    When learning spanish I used to read the local rags every day.It's a really good way to learn.
    Or maybe hes just checking out if there is any pics of emma?

Farsleyexile and Whitejock like this.
  14. Jammy 07

Going to go out on a limb here and declare I believe Marcelo to be our greatest manager/coach ever...after Revie of course.

Yep that's right, even though he's won f**k all and achieved diddly squat he's better than Wilko and all the others who've gone before.

15. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

No disrespect but who knows what he's reading? Could be the Daily Argentinian.

16. Jammy 07

To be fair, when I worked overseas I'd buy the local rag and then discretely hide the publication of my choice within...

Thought everyone knew to do that.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  17. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Definitely in my top three, behind Revie & wilkinson atm.When we are promoted he will go to my number two,if further progression after that,then definitely maybe number one as Revie will take some shifting,but Bielsa has the potential as he has the greatest respect & admiration from the players & fans alike to be the greatest ever.As every Leeds fan, I really hope he succeeds.
    ps
    If your reading this mr Bielsa just take a look at our posts on not606 and we will help guide you to number one with our wonderful insight & wise team selections.:)

18. davy

davy Well-Known Member

<whistle><cool><cheers>

19. Whitejock

I believe the photographer was well aware, being there beside him! :)

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  20. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Have a good time tomorrow young Mr Shako, I’m jealous. <cheers>