1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

right back position needs sorting how about a loan player any ideas on who ?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Sep 30, 2018.

1. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

well think leeds were found out in WBA game even though we had most possession , WBA targeted dallas at right back knowing its not his natural position , also i think another goalie should be given a chance after the goalkeeper mistakes in WBA game and other games , what leeds need now is to go on a run of about 5 or 6 wins to pull clear of the also rans to do this leeds need to score more goals , our defence needs sorting maybe a loan player with alot of experience shackleton is ok but lacks experience for me .
    , whats your thoughts on leeds team going forward now ? and what players and positions need strengthening in january transfer market ?as leeds will almost certainly do this in january !

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I dont believe for one minute we will strengthen in January and that may yet prove to be our downfall if things did go tits up. However Im becoming increasingly confident well be around the top two in last weeks of the season. I do agree we need to start beating the likes of Hull, fourth from bottom, having dropped points recently against Millwall and Birmingham regardless of whos injured. Once again looking forward to Tuesday nights footie

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  3. sniffer1

hernandez and roofe will be back soon but its a long season and im hoping we will strengthen in january as we could need it with injurys

4. sniffer1

a point earned thats how i describe leeds 1 brentford 1 last 3 games leeds have been too slow a lethargic that includes the 0-1 win at hull , and the passing has been bad not accurate , leeds need to be more quicker and aggressive at winning the ball back and need to practise accurate passing , ok i admit 4 key players are out injured at moment and luckily we earned a point against brentford who were accurate with their passing maybe its because we have youngsters in who are not able to make a big impact on the game , leeds also need to score more goals but its no good just saying when 4 players come back we need it throughout the team scoring goals young or mature players , but fingers crossed the point against brentford might just keep leeds in the top 2

5. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Boro losing at home to Forest:emoticon-0100-smile

sniffer1 likes this.
  6. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Birmingham starting their rise up the table now they're playing some easier teams. They've played all of the top 7. Unfortunately the only win against the top 7 came against us

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  7. sniffer1

yes boro lost great result means leeds are 1 point in front of them and unlucky not to beat brentford if they had not got that non penalty as it was NOT a penalty , leeds would have won 1-0 , but we have played some hard teams and now will get back 2 or 3 players after injury so will be stronger

8. sniffer1

dont worry monk will fade away as he did with leeds when in charge , leeds are one of the strongest teams in championship but we will get other players in to strengthen in january

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I think top 6 is now a shoe-in and never been as confident for years. I also think that automatic will only happen if Bamford comes back scoring and Izzy Brown helps in January, and Bielsa finds someone who can fill Phillips boots when he gets injured or banned. klich or Forshaw are not Phillips replacements.

sniffer1 likes this.
  10. sniffer1

true , leeds will strengthen in january radizzani will back bielsa so we will be going for promotion this season i think 2nd is a possibility 1st i recon will go to WBA and 2nd is betwwen sheff utd , leeds , middlesbrough and possibly aston villa if they get sorted with manager , but leeds have every chance we have already played alot of good teams , but i would like to see leeds pick up the pace more , the last 2 games they were not quick enough not same as the start of season so hope bielsa gets them working hard also leeds will have 2 or 3 players back from injury after international break

11. sniffer1

poor showing by leeds bad passing , poor marking hernandez came on too late , not good enough ,very frustrating , at 1-1 hernandez should have come on and roberts off to strenghen midfield and then control the match but that was not done

12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Yes midfield was weak

sniffer1 likes this.
  13. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

And Dallas should have fish hooked Kalvin style ruthless after 15 minutes.

sniffer1 likes this.
  14. sniffer1

true very true , Dallas is an up and down player , i like him he is skillful but then the next game plays bad it must be a confidence thing with him it would be good if he could have about 5 games on the trot playing a blinder , that is why dallas is in and out of the 1st team then on the sub bench all these players that lack confidence should have a stretch of about 5 games in reserves games then when they show promise put them straight in from start of game in 1st team if after 2 games they are not doing it bung them back into the reserves

15. sniffer1

that was because hernandez was not there from the 2nd half kick off , and douglas was missed and very bad marking , leeds defenders seemed to be watching the ball and not watching the opposition players on the corners etc , there passing was
    thats because at 1-1 half time hernandez should have been on for start of 2nd half and also i would have put shackleton on at same time as leeds were having problems in 1st half in defence and either dallas or allioski could have come off as we would have had 2 wingers on in either dallas or allioski and hernandez could have done it on wing at certain attacking times my prefered set up in 2nd half would have been 4 in defence 5 in midfield and 1 striker with 1 of the midfielders able to drop back and help defence out with marking etc but when attacking 5 midfielders would control the match and would have pegged blackburn back this formation needed to be done as leeds defenders were shakey and did not mark good and were ball watching and not watching the opposition players

16. sniffer1

its a waiting game for the players that have come back after injury to get back into the pace so i think it will be end november when leeds will be playing better , although leeds did dominate for most of the match against forest the pace is still lacking

17. sniffer1

roofe getting into it more now , just need clich to start clicking

18. sniffer1

hope leeds thrash bristol city to get WBA 4 leeds 1 out of our system this was our bad game every team has one