1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Ipswich highlights

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Sep 24, 2017.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Bit of a sloppy game v Ipswich, and slightly under par from our good start to season, but improved since the Wall game.

After about 30 mins I felt that Ipswich were going after Alioski and Saiz, and seemed to be the trend throughout rest of match, and both seem to be realising it's what can happen in this league. All up, it's actually a compliment to Alioski, Saiz and Leeds.

We seem to be slipping in midfield again, both sides of the Burnley game shows it.

O'Kane seems to have lost a lot of confidence and spent a lot of time passing back to defenders or keeper, which would probably be a sizeable chunk of the 53% of possession we had. I think it may be time to rest O'Kane against Cardiff, we can't afford to have a lack of confidence in midfield, Cardiff will punish us.

Still not convinced with Phillips, he scored a good goal, but the overall impact is missing, Shaughnessy showed everyone the rewards of a well placed defence splitting pass to allow Lasogga to score, we aren't getting that from Phillips and O'Kane of late.

Klich had a great game against Burnley, and he received a lot of plaudits for his performance. Maybe it's time for TC to try Klich and Vieira in mid field, they'll both be playing on adrenalin with something to prove to TC.

I did read an article that says Vieira seems to have fallen out of favour, don't know if anythings happened though.

Also believe it's time to bring in Berardi at LB, with respects to Anita, he does seem to be getting caught out for pace by wingers.

For Cardiff game we need, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper and Berardi, back to full strength imo.

While the performance was slightly under par, both Saiz and Alioski continued to cause problems for Ipswich's defence, at a guess, I'd say Micks instructions were "stop Alioski and Saiz"; I'd say that'll be pretty much most teams instructions from here on in, but they'll handle and overcome it as they both know how to link up well together.

Both were off par with their shooting, and seems Saiz may need some shooting practice with his left foot.

Weinwald played a pretty good game, except for the one palming mistake which lead to Ipswich's second. Hopefully he's learned fast that he can't palm a shot back into the middle of his area and hope our defence clears it, having said that, where was the player supposedly marking the goal scorer?

We've quickly learned that both Lasogga and Grot don't have a lot of pace, so we need more defence splitting passes with close to pinpoint accuracy to give'em a chance of getting to the ball and putting it in back of net.

Cardiff next, and we really need to get back to playing our fast attacking football that we started the season with......:emoticon-0148-yes:

Back to short highlights till LUTV's highlights are uploaded

Eddie after match interview with Emma

TC - LS11 interview

TC with Eddie and Emma

Mick McCarthy Radio Yorkshire interview

Fans singing at Ipswich

No nonsense Berardi

ellandback likes this.
  2. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

better highlights <ok>

3. lifecheshirewhite

Why you showing old games mighty,could it be because you played the most boring **** game in championship history yesterday <laugh>

4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

A better version of the highlights ....

https://www.leedsunited.com/video/89827/leeds-united-vs-ipswich-town-full-highlights

First goal for them: Hernandez was supposed to be marking the scorer. Lost him completely. Watch it frame by frame. This is not the first time he's been guilty of this. I sympathise when you consider the size of the guy he's marking, but I think he'd defend better on the half way line at corners. Seriously - they'd have to mark him & bring back one of their players from the box.

Their second: Ball bounced in front of Weidwald, so he's dealing with an unpredictable bounce & spin. Means he has a fraction of a second to use his instinct rather than premeditated action. Not happy about it, but shiit happens.

Kudos to Lasogga: Saiz is getting the praise for the header that set up Phillips' goal, and rightly so. But it was Lasogga who won the header that allowed Saiz to do this. So we evidently did win some headers .....

5. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

We know it was your cup final but, Live in the now man!!
    you never hear us going on about ancient history fo'fuxake

Marcos Barber and Whitejock like this.
  6. Whitejock

You not in the pub yet? <yikes>:huh:

7. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Just getting shower and then on my way mate<ok>:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance

Whitejock likes this.
  8. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

i know you like talking bollox but just taking a shower you don't think for 1 minute we will believe that <doh>

OLOF, lifecheshirewhite and Whitejock like this.
  9. Whitejock

Just in case there was any doubt ....

OLOF and Jammy 07 like this.
  10. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thank you Mr Lover Man...

11. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm just glad Green didn't make the schoolboy error for the second goal and Wood didn't miss the Saiz one on one, that's a few more hours of my life I can say I enjoyed :emoticon-0148-yes:

12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

nice one bud never seen that before.also i can confirm hawkeye was correct as seen by me from my limited vision seat about ten meters to the right of the goalie.

Whitejock likes this.