1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds away seats?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by H-D, Jul 18, 2011.

1. H-D

H-D Active Member

Someone posted this link on CI, so I thought I'd bring it up on here. It seems the steep Leeds tickets may have somehting to do with the re-location of the away fans at Elland Road to the West Stand

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...s_open_to_bigger_travelling_support_1_3300957

I know it's from a few months back but still worth a look. It says there could be as many as 3,000 travelling supporters, but I can't for the life of me see how that many away fans can be accommodated without going into the Directors' box

Someone enlighten me?...

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The West Stand holds 11,000, the 3,000 away fans would only take up about a quarter of the stand.

3. H-D

H-D Active Member

It says the West Stand holds 8,000 in the article, which means the supposed new away section will pretty much stretch to the tunnel.

I know they're redeveloping the East Stand to have executive boxes, but will that mean Ken Bates and his possy will also be relocated?

4. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I only got the 11,000 off wiki, but it's listed as 11,000 on the Marching on Together website and you'd expect them to know their own ground details.

This is from the football ground guide - After a number of years of being housed in the South East corner of the stadium, away fans now find themselves in the John Charles Stand at one side of the pitch. Up to 3,00 supporters can be accommodated in this area, with fans seated in both the upper and lower tiers. The away section is situated towards the South Stand part of the ground.

5. 4Dee

4Dee Member

I presume your going HD or considering going
    ;-)

6. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

What a shame as i was hoping that Bates would open up his boardroom as well. It could also be that Leeds expecta season of struggle and poor demand from there own fans. This allows them the scope to allow as many away fans in as want to go there. i can see City wanting more than 3000 especially if we get off to a great start by winning our first 3 games. (Blackpool, Maccles and Ipswich.)

7. The FRENCH TICKLER

Bradford City (cup) Middlesborough and Hull City. Thats 3 big games to kick off Leeds home programme.

8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Nobody took their full allocation at Leeds last season, so I doubt they will next season either, we took about 2,300.

9. The FRENCH TICKLER

yes. but with leeds utd much much weaker than they were Hull City can smell a great night down TWS way.

rumour has Snodgrass (4.5m) on his way to Wigan IF Z'Zogbia(10m) moves to Villa.

with Gradel looking blound 4 Lille ? they really are nothing like as strong as they were.

YOU CAN SNIFF THE 3 POINTS ALREADY.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

10. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

£31 is a piss take.

11. H-D

H-D Active Member

Well worth £31 then ;)

I was surprised when I saw the article, because as OLM said, nobody sold out the 2,500 already allocated to away teams. It looks like they could be sticking to the South Stand afterall

12. eastyorkshirewhite

You and the boro fans are going in the south end know you cant afford decent prices

13. The FRENCH TICKLER

I would willingly pay £50 for a Leeds ticket to witness TWS home humiliation. Price is not an issue when it comes to LEEDS. Simply watching them lose at home. Bring it on.

14. eastyorkshirewhite

Not one big game at all there and only one yorkshire derby and thats Bradford

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Not that old chestnut, if you're going to wum, at least try and be original.

16. The FRENCH TICKLER

Indeed OLM. Not even a good wum. typical comment from a leeds idiot. :redface: