1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lee Bowyer - new contract signed tonight

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Jun 17, 2019.

1. FormerlyOzAddick

FormerlyOzAddick Active Member

Whores lie on a saturday night ?

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

They do when they see @baraettmattesvensson walking up the stairs with a £20 note in his hand.

#IveGotAMigraine

3. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

4. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

<laugh>

I can safely say that I have never paid for it, I think there is a thread on this, I must dig it out.

5. The Elfsborg Sparrow

@AllHellLetLoose we have a post about Lee Bowyer and the worst derailment ever by Mr ban Gerwen.

Lee Bowyer on to prostitution<doh>

6. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Good news from creepy Cawley.

Jackson and Steve Gallen have agreed new deals. Just Marshall.to go.

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

The OS still carries the Rolandrant about failing to agree a contract with Bow. Sort of advertising the fact that he's a cvnt.

Whats up Doc and lardiman like this.
  8. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

Bowyer p!ssed off a lot of Sevco fans with his comments about Aribos move <laugh>

DickPlumb likes this.
  9. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Lee Bowyer has been speaking on :emoticon-0164-cash: Valley Pass :emoticon-0164-cash: about the great backing he gets from RD and how pleased he is with it.

The segment in blue below is how Bexleyboy let members know about this on ITTV...

Bowyer says he wants another 7 new players of which 4 will be loans ..Bowyer was asked about his contract and he said I was never worried I knew it would get sorted everyone else was panicking but I was not .... he said he pleased with the backing he had from RD in the window and expects if they want a certain player then like last season then he will support him again he says that RD cares despite what people think and he wants us to do well

This was my reply;

It's good for supporters as well as players to know where they stand.

If Lee Bowyer was genuinely never worried about his contract renewal, even after that statement which Duchatelet put out on the Club's website, then he has a pretty low opinion of those same Charlton fans that he is always asking to support his team.

I have no problem with him playing brinkmanship with Duchatelet to get the best deal.
    But to come out a couple of weeks later and say there was never anything to worry about, and dismiss the reaction of fans at the time as 'panicking' is casually insulting.

And if Bowyer has also said that he is pleased with the backing he is getting from Duchatelet, and that the owner cares about CAFC and wants it to do well, then supporters will have to make their own minds up as to whether LB is simply being 'consummately professional' once again (he got the deal he wanted so he is happy to behave as Roland's mouthpiece for another twelve months) or he is easier to manipulate than you would expect.

There is plenty of evidence accumulated over the past six years to indicate clearly that Roland Duchatelet does not care about Charlton Athletic, and has nothing beyond a passing interest in whether the Club does well or not - in footballing terms.
    I'm not going to ignore all that evidence because our latest manager who just secured a nice new deal for himself says in a pay-per-view publicity piece that it just isn't so.

Perhaps Bowyer's reference to his boss 'wanting us to do well' Bowyer was passing on Duchatelet's wish that the Club continues to do well towards breaking even.

~~~~~~~~

It really doesn't change very much anyway.

I'm grateful to LB for reminding me why I didn't take to him in the first place. After the way he won us promotion last season I'll admit I was beginning to like him.

But in the end it does not matter how popular he is with the Charlton fans. His career at CAFC will live or die on the results he gets for the Club this season. Sentiment doesn't come into it.

Thought this was worth sharing here too.

EDIT:

It now appears that Bexleyboy may have misquoted Bowyer.

My response above was purely based on what Bexleyboy had posted. I don't subscribe to Valley Pass so I have not seen the interview BB is quoting from myself.
    It seems I might have made a mistake in assuming BB's post was essentially accurate.

Some might say I should have seen that coming. But I try to take what other fans post at face value.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  10. ForestHillBilly

You wouldn't want to give Bowyer the truth drug. He might say that Douchatelet is a complete cvnt who didn't want to get promoted, who hates the fans and who lies constantly. Better for the club that he grits his teeth and works within the budget set by Douche.

11. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

I have seen the video now.
    It is in the Valley Pass section of the CAFC website but it can be viewed without paying or logging in (which I did not know before).
    However, there does not seem to be any way to create a functioning link to forums.

Here is what Bexleyboy posted;

"Bowyer says he wants another 7 new players of which 4 will be loans ..Bowyer was asked about his contract and he said I was never worried I knew it would get sorted everyone else was panicking but I was not .... he said he pleased with the backing he had from RD in the window and expects if they want a certain player then like last season then he will support him again he says that RD cares despite what people think and he wants us to do well."

Here are transcripts of the various parts of the interview that BB was referring to;

1. The 7 new players

2:08 LB

We need to bring players in, we know that. We're not stupid. I'd probably put a rough number of 6 to 7 players that we still need to bring in. We'll probably bring in maybe 2 or 3 more permanents, and then probably 4 loans.

2. His contract & backing from the owner

8:18 Interviewer

I suppose we should give a mention to the first little hurdle that we had this summer; that was your contract situation. It was obviously resolved, although not in the most conventional process... but there was never really anywhere else you wanted to be was there?

8:30 LB

No. Obviously like I've said that from the beginning. I think everybody knows now I'm a laid back person, and I say it how it is. But for me, everybody seemed to be more worried what was going to happen than I was. I believed from the beginning that we was going to agree, and obviously negotiations... it is what it is.

The Club want to get you for as cheap as possible, and I wanted to be paid fairly for the achievements that myself and the team have done. So we've come to a fair agreement. And I'm happy, the owner's happy... but we've got a good group here you know and the owner said like we have to keep this group together. So I'm happy with that.

And I'm over the moon you know. He's backed us in the market already like in the summer. We've spent a bit of money, which for somebody who wants to sell the Club is good to see you know... For me it shows that he does care and he wants to do the right thing. Is he going to spend millions? No. But if he thinks that it's going to be good and something, an asset maybe for the Club, then he's supported us... and I believe he'll keep doing that.

So he did last season... OK we didn't spend any money but he backed us on the players we wanted to bring in. So yes, he's giving players that are here now new contracts; the ones that we're trying to tie down, so it's all good. It's all good at the moment. So we'll see how it goes.

~~~~~

I made my original replies without knowing exactly what Lee Bowyer had said in the Valley Pass interview. They were based entirely on what BB had posted earlier in the transfer rumours thread on ITTV.

Having watched the video myself now I recognise that some of what I posted was inaccurate.
    LB does not use the word 'panicking' but says everybody was more worried than he was. That term is clearly less provocative than saying that people (fans) were panicking.

However, while appreciating that LB is a laid back character, I still maintain that he is playing down the difficulty and tension that accompanied his recent contract negotiations.
    A lot of Charlton fans were genuinely very worried indeed when it looked as though Bowyer and Duchatelet were not going to be able to agree a deal. And when RD put that statement on the website about the Club looking for a caretaker manager soon there was a huge backlash on social media from furious Charlton supporters.

I'm glad for Bowyer if he always knew in his mind that the deal would be done. But he was almost the only one blessed with that serene confidence. And I fully expected the whole thing to be downplayed and brushed aside afterwards by the Club, as though there had never really been a problem.

It is disappointing in my view to hear Bowyer doing this himself in an interview. But having seen the whole video now I do accept that his approach to the subject is partly down to just the kind of person he is.
    Aside from which, he will of course gain nothing now by not downplaying the difficulties of his contract negotiations. He knows it is in the team's best interest for him to smooth that over and just move on.
    Again I don't have to like it, but I acknowledge that it shows Bowyer knows how to get the most he can from Duchatelet.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  12. ForestHillBilly

First public signs of discontent from our excellent manager, but not the last methinks, if YT continues to tighten the noose.

lardiman likes this.
  13. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Bowyer won't walk.

14. ForestHillBilly

If Yellow Teeth pulls the plug and tells him your squad is fine as it is, would he be able to claim constructive dismissal? I doubt it, but it depends on the wording of Bowyer's contract. It would not be surprising if he did pull the plug. His view that he is right and everyone else is wrong, as expressed in his super-whinge to Jim White, would justify it in his mind. He is an angry self-righteous man, who would gladly take Charlton down to prove his point.

lardiman likes this.
  15. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Dushitelet will hit us with a hammer blow when he leaves, it is all so obvious.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  16. User deleted as requested

It’s worth listening to Bowyer’s press conference this morning - to me he sounds massively frustrated & p1ssed off.

The sub text is that he is being wilfully prevented from doing his job properly. He’s pointed out in public what fans have been saying all summer - much higher league, too small a budget to be competitive. He’s reduced to taking about team spirit getting you a long way. He admits that Bonne is not ready to start Championship football.

The only honest comment he cannot make is that Duchatelet is an utter c*nt.

17. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I think the jury is out as to whether 'Ole Yellow' is a cvnt or whether he is just as mad as Jeremy Corbyn?

18. ForestHillBilly

He's right about the importance of team spirit. That's why other teams will be striving for it too. Allother things being equal it's that bit extra in the final third which is the difference, and however brilliant the manager is we'll get done by teams with attacking options.

19. User deleted as requested

Team spirit is the first thing to go when you are getting beaten every week.

20. ForestHillBilly

There is a school of thought that Corbyn is also a cvnt<ok>