1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lee Bowyer

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Will Roland or El Turkey make Bowyer an acceptable offer, that is the question.

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Duchatelet (I can never bring myself to call that cvnt by his first name) is hedging his bets, to see if we get promoted.

He will give Bowyer a pay cut contract if we are still in L1 next season, and give the manager a decision to make.

3. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

All up in the air as far as I can see. We look better than I believed possible a couple of months back, but we need a lot of results to align to get an automatic, and the play offs are always a lottery no matter how good the form book is.
    Signing a decent manager up should be a no brainer to anyone who knows the game. sadly, no brainer could also be applied to our owner when footballing decisions are to be made. You could even imagine him reasoning that as our results are improving on the back of lower investment by the owner, if he cut funds completely we could be in the Prem in two years. When the owner is as out of his comfort zone as the Douche, and seems to refuse any usefull help from people who know, there is simply no telling where he will scurry off to next, or what the result will be.

4. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Bowyer in the SLP today confirms that both Fosu & Marshall are fit but are being omitted by him through choice.

Both gone this summer.

5. ForestHillBilly

.......then blame the manager for wanting to leave, as he did with Yann.

6. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

BY RICHARD CAWLEY

[email protected]

Lee Bowyer says the “ball is rolling” on his contract negotiations with Charlton Athletic.

The Addicks manager was unhappy with an incentivised contract offer which was made to him recently.

And Bowyer, who sees his deal end at the end of June, had asked for a meeting with Lieven De Turck, who is owner Roland Duchatelet’s right-hand man in terms of finding a buyer for the League One club.

“I’ve spoken to Lieven and he’s made an offer,” said the Charlton boss. “But it’s not agreed yet.

“I’m sure he’ll come back and we’ll resolve it.

“It is just negotiations now, the ball is rolling. Hopefully we come to some agreement.”

7. CafcFactsStats

CafcFactsStats Well-Known Member

8. CafcFactsStats

9. CafcFactsStats

10. CafcFactsStats

11. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

This is not good. It is imperative that Bowyer and his team are here next season.

Lee Bowyer left disappointed that Charlton Athletic contract not sorted yet
    26th April 2019 Richard Cawley 0 Comments
    FacebookTwitterEmailShare
    BY RICHARD CAWLEY

Lee Bowyer admits he is “disappointed” that Charlton Athletic’s hierarchy have not resolved his contract issue.

The Addicks manager was initially offered a deal which he described as “incentivised” and held talks with Lieven De Turck – based in the UK by owner Roland Duchatelet to conduct takeover talks – in which he asked for a more standard proposal.

Bowyer has led Charlton to the League One play-offs for the second campaign running – and amassed 100 points quicker than any other boss in the club’s history since it became three points for a win in the 1980s. But his current terms only run until the end of June.

Asked if he was frustrated at the delay, he replied: “I’d say more disappointed.

“If we weren’t in the play-offs then we’d have two games left in the season. I like to think me and the rest of the staff have done a good enough job for this to be resolved long before now.

“I understand how football clubs work but I’m disappointed it ain’t sorted out before the end of the season, so we all know where we stand. That is the thing that disappoints me.

“We’ve worked hard to improve the football club and it’s a much better place now – so I think we should be rewarded for that.

“It shouldn’t have taken until now to try and negotiate something when you have got 10 days left of the normal season.”

Bowyer is not the only member of the backroom team who is in the final couple of months of his contract. That also applies to assistant boss Johnnie Jackson and goalkeeping coach Andy Marshall.

Joe Aribo, Patrick Bauer, Igor Vetokele, Tariqe Fosu and Jonny Williams are in the same boat on the playing side.

12. CafcFactsStats

It's an absolute disgrace that this has not been resolved by now. God knows how the supporters will react if this does not get sorted. Bowyer and Jackson - Charlton Heroes.

13. deleted.....

The Belgian b0lloxed it out with us when he released Riga the first time and gave us the Bruges Bouncer (and former Millwall sicknote) !

14. CafcFactsStats

After the first time around Riga should have been offered whatever he liked contract wise but the egotistical individual wanted to play silly bollocks.

This though would be ten times (at least) worse. He does not know a good thing when it's there in front of his eyes!

15. deleted.....

He's Belgian <ok>

16. ForestHillBilly

What a disgraceful way to treat Bowyer after what he has achieved. Atm I'd say the odds must be that he will go to a club which treats him with the respect he deserves.

DickPlumb likes this.
  17. ForestHillBilly

I wonder how Roland was told about Bowyer's comments on the contract. Turkey lies.......a lot.

18. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

No sympathy with Bowyer, he knew the crack with Dushitelet.

19. ForestHillBilly

Not the point. The point is that we could be losing a terrific young manager purely because of the owner's kuntishness.

DickPlumb likes this.
  20. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Granted.