1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

League Two auto potential

Discussion in 'League 2' started by brb, Mar 2, 2011.

1. brb

brb Guest

As we are in the final quarter of the League Two season, who do you think has the best potential out of all the teams to take an auto place?

My predicted favourites to finish in the top three positions would be Chesterfield and Wycombe, with the third place remaining up for grabs by any number of teams, including my own the Gills.

Some people will go for their own club, however looking at the teams you have currently played, select another two for the other places...

2. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

chesterfield look like they are gonna be champions and the other places are up for grabs between wycombe bury shrewsbury and rotherham

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would love to see Shrewsbury finish in the autos with Chesterfield and Wycombe with Bury getting play offs.

4. brb

brb Guest

Rocky - probably the only one I would doubt in that mix is Rotherham, unless they have turned a corner now on their away form - recently one draw and one win away but before that five straight defeats.

5. Matster

Forum Moderator

There's still plenty of games left for some surprises.

6. Matster

Forum Moderator

Who do you think are relegation candidates?

7. brb

brb Guest

This whole league is difficult to call this season, however in answer to the question if I had to select the two to go down...

I think Stockport are the most likely to be doomed to non league football next season, they are currently 4 points adrift of safety, having also played anything from two to four games more than the teams above them.

What makes the situation even worse for Stockport is over the last eight games, they are also bottom of the form table for league two with a point ratio over the last eight games of 0.50 per game.

As for the remaining relegation place, imo it could be either Barnet or Morecambe but any number of clubs could be dragged in to it, Burton's games in hand should logically save them with their current point ratio over the last 8 games being 0.87, which is exactly the same as Barnet & Morcambe, hence my prediction.

8. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Have to agree with that brb, every time I think it's becoming clear, up pops another twist to complicate things.
    Just hoping that Gills can hold it together long enough to make a playoff spot.
    As for relegation I haven't given it much thought since November.:emoticon-0105-wink:

9. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

i think it will be

1 Chesterfield
    2 Wycombe
    3 Rotherham
    4 Bury
    5 Gillingham
    6 Shrewsbury
    7 Port Vale
    maybe possible change between portvale and oxford or torquay
    gills to win play offs
    UTG

i think the bottom 5will be in this order

20 Maccesfield
    21 Burton
    22 Morecambe
    23 Barnet
    24 Stockport
    #
    so i think barnet and stockport will go down but i still believe there is a slim chance barnet will survive and scrape away again as i think it will be close and maybe morecambe or burton will go down instead

10. Lord Sykes

Lord Sykes New Member

yeah, Stockport to go down :(