1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread League One Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg Fishermen v Chairboys 3rd July 20

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jun 30, 2020.

1. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Perhaps they are jealous of a bigger club? <whistle>

Guywanderer likes this.
  2. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I do think a lot of supporters at some clubs have this feeling of entitlement, maybe they are jealous because they could'nt score 4 against Fleetwood

Stokenchurch yid likes this.
  3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

One of them on there said our game against Fleetwood was ****! <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> They really are a bunch of billy big bollocks aren't they? I hope they spend years in League 1 to shut them up <laugh>

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They aren't all like that mowgli. You always get some bitter and twisted ones. I feel sorry for the genuine Sunderland fans who are obviously dissilusioned by the whole set up, as we were not so long ago; and it's not nice, as we know. But when you get knob heads like that I'm surprised you hope they stay in League 1 :evil:

Guywanderer likes this.
  5. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I'm sick of other fans of so called bigger clubs slagging us off and saying they deserve to be in a higher league, they're in League 1 for a reason - they're not as good as they think they are <doh> Christ even we beat Sunderland this season <laugh><laugh><laugh>

Guywanderer likes this.
  6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes. I just thought you might like to see them get relegated, rather than stay in L1 for years <cheers>

7. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

& don't forget Bolton Mowgli they could'nt even beat them. What I am hoping is they bring in the salary cap that could keep them in this lague for years, as it will even up the playing field a bit.

Guywanderer likes this.
  8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't know how many times I've said this already but here goes again. Your club is where your players or owner put them. It is nobody else's fault you are where you are it's just your's. Nobody has a right to be in any league unless their players get them there and nobody is nailed on for a promotion no matter how many years they have or have not spent in higher leagues. As Mowgli said above they or even you are where you are for a reason.

I have been quite amused over the past 4 or 5 years to read comments from successive clubs supporters who have fallen from grace and in some cases quite a long way. There does seem to be a thought process that says we shouldn't be here we are too big. Then the expected bounce doesn't happen. The following season the even more expected bounce doesn't happen. I read comments from other clubs supporters who seem to hold these clubs in some sort of awe. To beat one of them is so much better than beating a lesser club. Why is that? You get 3 points for a win against Accrington Stanley with their less than 3000 gates and you get 3 points for beating Sunderland or Portsmouth or Ipswich. Those games are no more important than the next one. The best team in the world is my team. That's all you need to know and think whoever you support. If you are perceived to have over achieved in a season as the minnow then it is so much better than either doing what everyone expected anyway or god forbid failing to do it. It must be hard getting used to disappointment though so perhaps I should cut them some slack.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator