1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Le Tissier playing at the EBB Stadium tonight

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Khyras, May 22, 2012.

1. Khyras

Khyras Member

I quite often go to watch Aldershot when theres not a Saints game and I am going tonight to see this match. I thought I would add this as some may be interested and may not have heard about it.

A host of former Premiership and international football stars grace Aldershot Town's EBB Stadium next Tuesday, 22 May.

A team hand-picked by Shots manager Dean Holdsworth and managed by AFC Wimbledon manager Terry Brown, will face a team chosen by Aldershot Town Commercial Manager, and former Southampton striker, Nicky Banger.

Both men will also be coming out of retirement for one night only in a bid to win 'The Knights Cup' and will be joined by Mathew Le Tissier, Neil Webb, Marcus Gayle, Dave Beasant, Mick Harford, Ken Monkou, Darren Barnard, Steve Guppy, Mark Bircham, David Holdsworth, David Hughes and Andy Cook.

Several Aldershot Town legends will also be appearing including Mark Butler, Steve Stairs, Colin Fielder and Stuart Cash, as well as Aldershot FC defender Barry Blankley and AFC Wimbledon's all-time leading scorer, Kevin Cooper.

The match kicks-off at 7.30pm at the EBB Stadium. Tickets are available in advance on 01252 320211 (Ext 303), priced £5 for adults and £2.50 for children. Tickets on the night are priced at £8 for adults and £4 for children, with a 'parent and child' ticket available at £10.

http://www.theshots.co.uk/news/Aldershot84762.ink

2. letissier86

letissier86 Well-Known Member

Sounds ace. Would love to go but the old man has organised a birthday surprise for me taking place in Aldershot tonight, starting at around 7.30pm, stating 'you need to be fit for this one.' Hang on a sec..!

3. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

Le Tiss can barely run these days. He can still stand stationary in the middle of the pitch and make stuff happen, so you'd hardly notice the difference!

4. letissier86

letissier86 Well-Known Member

He operated in a 20 yard radius but still managed to score a trademark lob. After all these years his touch hasn't evaded him but if it's possible his fitness has deteriorated!