1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

LATICS v CITY MONDAY NIGHT

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by fromthestands, Jan 15, 2012.

1. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Rite this is the big one for the latics so come on the latics and city fans lets hear what you have got to say we will definitely have all ower big guns out moses di santo etc, but will it be enough to beat the city or are we going to stay rock bottom. :emoticon-0107-sweat
    Code:

2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

If we win we move out the bottom 3 :), but seeing as it's Man City it doesn't seem likely :(, it's on the tele so it's good I get to watch the game.

3. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

hang on, i thought you were a bristol supporter? or have you jumped ship (pun not intended)?

4. Haydn

Haydn Member

Hoping for a City defensive four of Zaba, Richards, Lescott and Clichy. Savic was so awful last week he has got to be dropped. Dzeko could do with a start and a goal or two as well, he is in serious need of a confidence boost.

5. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

Could you say we could do with a win this weekend as you could be on a roll here. <laugh>

6. Haydn

Haydn Member

Haha. If I was a Spurs fan I would be worried if Dzeko is coming into a bit of form now, as we all remember what he did last time we played Spurs! A win on Sunday would be brilliant, will probably be our hardest home game of the season though so far. United are at Arsenal so that won't be easy for them either, so we could lose and keep a points gap at the top, although it's better if we do the job ourselves and not rely on Arsenal.

Hopefully Richards will be back too. Savic was very good last night to be fair to him, but containing Rodallega and Moses is a different matter completely to containing Modric, Bale, VDV etc. so I'd like a proven defender playing. Maybe the back four I suggested for last night's game.

I would say I hope to see Balotelli back as well, but I thought Dzeko was impressive last night so I think he can do the job for us.

Oh, and how was Figureoa not sent off last night?! Last man, deliberate handball, Aguero was in on goal. And it's not like the ref didn't see it, he booked him. Very strange.

7. Father_Jack_Hackett

please log in to view this image

I agree Savic looked a lot happier last night and i thought Zab had a good game.

I hope Balotelli is fit, i heard on talksport he was in his local library today paying peoples fines for them. <laugh>

8. Haydn

Haydn Member

Haha you hear one of these stories about him every day! I'd heard about that but I've read a couple of people saying it was bollocks as well (like the majority of the Balotelli stories are!).

Zaba was brilliant last night, so was Clichy on the left (defensively anyway).

9. tevezrightboot

All RM is asking for is consistancy from the refs. I believe that in 1 of the papers yesterday Dermot Gallagher said that Glen Johnson should have been sent off for Liverpool against City in that cup semi final.

So you have now got to ask yourselves is there a conspriacy against City from some of the refs that come to the Etithad Stadium. How can the F.A. sancation a ref from Merseyside to be in charge of a game that involves a team from Merseyside that just is not fair.

10. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

he shouldn't ask for it during a game by waving imaginary cards - did in the liverpool game and then apologised - then did it again in wigan game after complaining about rooney influencing ref to send kompany off - is he cracking up

11. Father_Jack_Hackett

Who knows, as the old saying goes "life is tough at the top"

12. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

All the "big" teams do it. City, United, Chelsea, all have managers and players that routinely pressurise the referee. And Liverpool are as bad as any of those three at it.

13. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

cant remember any other manager waving imaginary cards - just looks bad especially after complaining about rooney trying to get kompany sent off

14. Haydn

Haydn Member

Rooney influenced the ref though, Mancini was just showing his frustration (rightly so) at blatant red cards not being given. Surely if it was your club you would show frustration when an opposition player gets away with a deliberate handball as the last man, or a 2 footed challenge when one of your own players had been sent off for one only a few days before?

15. antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

no problem with mancini being frustrated - he apologised for waving an imaginary card during the liverpool game which seems to imply that he thinks he should not have done it - if he did nothing wrong, why apologise