1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Last 10 years of sides relegated 18th

Discussion in 'Birmingham City' started by devonFRATTONiser, Jun 24, 2011.

1. devonFRATTONiser

devonFRATTONiser Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In the past ten seasons the side relegated from the Premier League in 18th has an average Championship finish of 5.7, with three automatic promotions and three other Play-off finishes.

How do you think Birmingham will compare in the coming season?

2. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

Hi Devon, long time no see :). I honestly think that they may struggle simply because when they were relegated their squad already looked thin and aging. With many players leaving Birmingham will have to make some shrewd acquisitions whilst trying to keep hold of their better players. I really rate Johnson and Danns, so keeping them would be a massive fillip, although I am not sure this will happen.

3. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Chris Hughton your new manager got 102 points the highest amount for a team the year after relegation, so you guys have to have a good chance of coming straight back up.

4. Silverback~

Silverback~ New Member

The chance of promotion is very slim. You cannot start from scratch and expect much more than survival, even with good financial backing. In our position and with the significant cloud hanging over our owner, we will be lucky to avoid relegation.

Having said that I like Houghton, and whilst I do not expect miracles, he does seem to have enough to keep us in the division. Fingers crossed.