1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Language pundits to avoid.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Victor, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

Read this on the Daily Mail yesterday (wed). ......... B.B.C avoiding racial bias guide to their Pundits
    Cakewalk. .... contests held in which Saves competed for a cake.
    Nitty Gritty......Grain used as cheap foodstuff for slaves.
    Sold down the river....... slaves sold down the river where brutal conditions awaited.
    Uppity.......................used by white people to describe black people who they thought weren't showing them
    enough deference..
    Other words to be avoided. ..... black listed, black mark, and whiter than white.
    Over 400 attended this meeting with b.b.c. Inviting Sky sports, I.t.v. And b.t. Invited .

Good God where is this going to end ? all these reasons given were before any of us were born.
    Asking Pundits an people to avoid using all these words is bloody ridiculous .

Under the headline. ....... CAKEWALK. ON LIST. OF. BBC'S RACIST. WAORDS. Back and inside pages. ............. every body start learning Welsh.

2. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Carry as you were Victor ,they can’t shoot you for using them

Yet

3. Victor

Victor Well-Known Member

No problem, i will make sure that I will get the first shot in, ........ My bow and arrow has been well maintained, and is at the ready, and my catapult is in good working order.
    A little surprised that not many seem bothered by this b.b.c. Request. Don't say " sold down the river " .............
    To hell with them. .... GWERTHI. LAWR YR AFON..... So the b.b.c. Can put that where the sun never shines

daimungeezer likes this.
  4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Too be honest with you Victor I rarely watch tele so it’s not something that’s going to bother me too much I must admit to listening to radio 4 extra not so much 5 live as that’s become more left wing centric ,if we do go into another lockdown I’ll probably read a lot more

daimungeezer, 55282 and Victor like this.