1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JURGEN KLOPP LEFT FRED

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by quinneristops, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeXLBrma/

I'm convinced he's leaving because of the Netflix documentary. Maybe that's why he did the sudden announcement? Were FSG badgering to stay and he thought "**** it, I'll announce it to the world to shut the ****s up". He's definitely not happen about that documentary either way.

2. saintPort&Ginger

If so then they've royally screwed up on this one. I wonder just how many real Liverpool fans will watch it?
    I have no interest in any reality tv shows - genuine or staged.

Diego likes this.
  3. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Nah can’t see that being a reason he’d quit. Not sure why we can’t just believe that he feels tired and after 8 long years fighting on every front and going close so many years can’t blame him.

How many managers actually stay long enough at a club to have to rebuild the team - especially ones that are challenging for every trophy every year? It’s not the norm anymore and as klopp said it’s a 24/7 365 job

The IncREDibles likes this.
  4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He definitely looks tired. But he clearly stated he'd quit if we ever did one of these documentaries; we did one in Rodgers last season just before Jürgen arrived and he was asked about it.

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I've not much interest in it but I'll watch it anyway just so I have the knowledge of what was in it prior to the inevitable media attacks which opposition fans will jump on

6. InFrancroatiaWeTrust

InFrancroatiaWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Doesn’t mean it’s the reason. Given the documentary has already happened seems silly if that’s the reason to suddenly leave now. If you didn’t want to be part of it you’d resign then and there as soon as it was confirmed.

One of those things that he doesn’t want to be involved in and says at the time on assumption it won’t happen. 1000’s of people say I’d leave my job if X was to happen and 5 years later it does, doesn’t mean they do then leave.

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He's also a very loyal person and wouldn't feel comfortable just getting up and walking away, that's not him.

I accept he looks tired but the documentary is part of his decision imo, you can hear it when he talks about it.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

In the same as slot comments are a matter of opinion the reasons for klopps departure is a matter of opinion.

Only time will tell.

Zanjinho and saintPort&Ginger like this.
  9. saintPort&Ginger

It could be a significant contributory factor, though. He could feel he and the owners don't see eye to eye.
    It's probably a combination of most of the things put forward, but burn-out does seem to be a major reason. He can hardly disguise his contempt for the standard of officiating and it's obviously a source of great frustration for him - that certainly doesn't help either.

10. The IncREDibles

The IncREDibles Well-Known Member

That and the TV scheduling.

saintPort&Ginger likes this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

If you add every little thing up thst you feel.might be in another person's head you can convince yourself you know why.

Klopp told fans why.

I was personally delighted when he made his announcement as you can see the strain writ large all over his face.

If you remove your own selfish desires for lfc and only wish him the best then this is a happy thing and I wish klopp every happiness and long life in his "retirement"

He gave us all the one thing. That one thing brought about successes.
    He "made the people happy"

It really doesn't matter of one thing or another lead to that strain. It was there irrespective and aging him before our eyes.

I hope to see a well tanned relaxed happy klopp back at anfield for a game or two. Thats my most earnest wish for him

12. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the documentary being the reason he's leaving because it's about his leaving. It couldn't have been scheduled before he made his announcement.

There is a film out there already called The End of the Storm about the 2019/20 season. I haven't watched it but it's billed as featuring "unprecedented access to Liverpool Football Club ..... seen through the eyes of manager Jurgen Klopp, his first team players including Jordan Henderson ..... "

As others have said, it will be a combination of factors. Klopp recently became a grandfather. He will have maybe reflected on the times he missed out on with his son and doesn't want to do the same with his grandchild.

13. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

14. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I'm 'liking' that but I'm not ready to watch it.

15. organic red

16. moreinjuredthanowen

That's a beautiful thing

17. moreinjuredthanowen

I've gone full naby keita :emoticon-0102-bigsm

organic red likes this.
  18. organic red

19. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Wonder when Klopp actually leaves?

I mean he is likely to be contracted till the end of June (as is standard with football contracts), so its not like come Monday morning he's unemployed.
    Ideally (in terms of the future of the club) we need Slot to be in position as soon as possible. Obviously the players are set to go off to the Euro's or on holiday within the next week or two. But there are things that we need to get into place for next season and as soon as they can get started the better.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

They will be doing meetings and such already.

A) have to prepare preseason. Huge amount of work to be done just to prepare for July 1 with players not on international duties.

B) transfer policies to be worked out.

C) coaching Staff to be hired in for all tje various positions. At least 2 or 3 could have stayed on but chose not to so they have to put them all in.

Klopp has in effect been gone for months. There are meetings left right and centre being held all the time for the past months were klopp or the technical director won't have even been involved in.

I'd assume highes will have come.in and started attending meetings and slot will have had a series of meetings already with them discussing the above.

Klopp's out the door. He's now headed for his holidays and such and will be doing that one event.and that's that.