1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Klopp speaking with carragher

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Oct 14, 2017.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

Klopp was on the carragher speaking very clearly about our issues.

It is interesting watching the videos with klopp.

You can see the things which the team are doing. Aimless long balls, Henderson wandering off constantly. Just losing his position and exposing the centre halves.

He really wants the full backs high. He really does so there's no point slaughtering a Moreno for being up the pitch.

It's clear he wants the cbs split. The videos being shown are clear. Midfielder has huge responsibility to be the 3rd body to stop the goals. One video is Matip playing a **** long ball into a bad area but as he plays it both midfielders just jog forward completely vacating space and the inevitable happens off the long ball and they are in with none or two pass a as the midfield is not goal side of their player centrally.

It's clear bad, stupid Aimless passes are an issue but it's been clear to some of us the midfield is largely at fault

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's clear this season that they don't seem to understand the system, we were better at it last season and some of the pressing off the ball was very good but that also seems to have gone.

We get all these plaudits for great attacking footy but it all looks like individual moments to me other than great combination play from our attack.

We look a disjointed mess to me at the moment, hopefully it'll improve and soon, like this afternoon would be good.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

I'd agree with all of that.

Any time I see a hopefully hoof I know the team has lost it cos we will never compete with taller cbs with our lot.

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Other teams have had longer to figure out how to play against or too

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't think that matters too much in football as long as everyone understands and is on board with the style of play, if each and every player understands and applies the tactics along with the required effort than there's not much another team can do other than match the effort.

This is a bit old school thinking but Klopp certainly seems to go along with it, the plan is to push your style and idea on the opposition regardless of how they line up or adapt.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

If you do the right things in the right areas then you will get results. I don't think anyone has ever really been "found out" in there's of a system

Imo individual weaknesses get exploited and that's where the cracks appear. Anyone looking at of will know Henderson ****s off and abandons the system all the time and lovren looks ****ed and can now be run at.

Imo the game today is made for lukaku and I'd not be shocked if he gets a hat trick. That said I removed him from captain on ff team on the basis of reverse jinx.

Today of all days Henderson cannot foot long straight balls at our forwards and he cannot come outbox the deep cm position for ANY REASON.

He's not an attacker he needs to get this. Stay with 5 yards of cbs.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Can should be in there imo and Hendo further up the pitch and Grujic in there as well, this fixture can be a physical battle and we should add those type of players Wijnaldum wont get a kick today.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

Yet when can was asked to do it once he looked sulky and was ponderous on the ball.

I just dont know. I agree that just letting Henderson chase about like a puppy after a ball is the best thing for him... but who k per after that.

9. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

After watching that, I’m 100% convinced the issue is more personnel than system.

Replace the dross with smarter footballers.

Lucaaas likes this.
  10. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

I think we kind of knew that from the start though, didn't we?

Keita will probably improve our midfield next season but we're still looking for a GK, CB, LB & CDM to take us to close to the top level teams.

11. saintKlopp

Genghis Can wants to bomb forward - I'm not convinced he has the discipline to stay back if required. Frankly I'm not sure anyone has.

moreinjuredthanowen and Lucaaas like this.
  12. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

True.

Composure seems to be non existent in our team. Our "defensive" players see a bit of space or a gap ahead of them and rush into it no matter what the score or time on the clock.

Happened loads to us, Can got a telling off for doing it away against Man City (when we won 4-1 so didn't matter too much) and Moreno did it against Villarreal away (conceded final minute) and against Hoffenheim away closing down the keeper when he had no chance of getting the ball which lead to us conceding a penalty. That's just off the top of my head, sure there are loads of other examples of it happening.

I can even remember us being 2-1 against Hoffenheim in their place in the 90th minute and Milner takes a shot from outside the box instead of taking it into the corner!! Ridiculous play from our supposedly most experienced player.

saintKlopp likes this.
  13. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

There was a strong debate whether our defence was **** because our system left them exposed. Whilst I don’t think the system helps them, the individuals are simply not good enough.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

Really excellent way of putting it.

Thry do just move forward ignoring the danger man they run past assuming someone else will get them or we just dont lose the ball.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

It's very very difficult to constantly be in a 208 formation. I think however they are not top 4 cbs. They would want to be better but the very best would struggle with Henderson in front of them.