1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Klopp says it's not that bad

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by wishiwasinliverpool, Sep 21, 2017.

?

Klopp: It ain't that bad

1. Nah it ain't that bad

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. It's bad

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Phone a friend

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I agree with this bit -

"As long as we stay in the game, as long as we do what we are good at we are a threat for each team. Only in the moment when we change these things then it becomes a problem."

Now turn that threat into goals.

jenners04 likes this.
  3. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

It's not... we're 5 games into the league. Lost 1, won 2, drawn 2.

Drew against couple teams should beaten but spurs drawn couple in same situation, Chelsea lost at home to Burnley, Arsenal are hit and miss.

Only city and united have have been very good so far.

Were into the CL and didn't lose against Sevilla, yeah was at home but they will be toughest team so not worse result especially with other 2 teams drawing.

LC, we played really well first half with make shift team. Coutinho is back fit and ready for 90 mins. We lost but meh LC run would be nice but gives us a break in betweeen CL game weeks so can concentrate on more important comps.

saintKlopp likes this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

New poll. Will Wishi post as much if we win this weekend?

No. No Way. Not at all.

saintKlopp and InBiscanWeTrust like this.
  5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Usually **** storm from panicky supporters

6. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

In the grand scheme, no its not that bad
    * draw to the other good team in the CL group, frustrating perhaps but should beat the other teams
    * draw to a established difficult Prem team, again frustrating but to be expected at some point in the season
    *Losing in the LC, annoying to lose but who cares really its the LC
    *Losing to Citeh, think we all know its likely they'll end up Champs at the end of the season, the amount of money they've spent they should be winning. Bad result, didn't help losing Mane, but worst game of the year for us.

However there is still an amount of bad with the team atm. The defence is still shocking, the midfield isn't much better and these two problems get highlighted when the forwards are misfiring like they are atm.
    The club and Klopp are responsible for not addressing these problems either with coaching or transfers.

We took a step forward last season getting into the CL and it seems we're about to be taking two huge steps backwards, again.

Bumps and wishiwasinliverpool like this.
  7. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

I think it would have been a lot easier to stomach had the above matches been spread out a lot more; the fact that they've all happened within a matter of weeks has made it all seem a lot more alarming than it probably is. Losing 5-0, even to City, was still a major shock to the system, 10 men or not.

I can't blame fans panicking tbh. I'm puzzled, though. For Klopp to say on the one hand to say he's sick of the goals being conceded and then saying it's not as bad as all that kind of seems contradictory. Has he been told to say that?

8. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

We have high standards and maybe higher standards than other clubs. Look at Everton - relegation zone and not a peep out of anyone. If that was us, imagine the uproar from all quarters. We're getting a bashing already 5 games in and the points are looking okay.

One thing for certain, Klopp is feeling the heat from the fans and must act in January. Let's hope by then we are still on target for a CL place.

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We do have high standards, higher standards than they probably should be. No trophy for eleven years and top four twice in about nine?

10. saintKlopp

I suppose I'd use the word expectations, rather than standards. It's just the way we are, we'll never change. Our history means we'll never be satisfied with less.
    Dissatisfaction spurs you on, so there's no point in complacency, but it also makes us critical when we're not doing so well. We're on a mediocre run atm, not a bad one. It's just perplexing how we don't seem to be able to sort the defence out - no matter who we send out there.

johnsonsbaby likes this.

11. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

If Liverpool had the run we had, maybe four points would be the current level.

Tobes likes this.
  12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Only we've played 4 of the best sides in the division in our opening 5 games, with 3 of those away.

Of those sides you've only played one top side away in City and you got pumped 5-0. Despite our crap start against top sides you're only 4 points ahead of us, hardly a yardstick of success, and btw there's plenty of Evertonians who are spewing about it.

Peej likes this.
  13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

But we've apparently has a stinker of a start too...

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Well 2 wins out of 7 competitive games since the season started proper is not a good start.
    Has Klopp got his head in the sand or is he trying to back track on his "feel sick" statement. Maybe he has been told to toe the company line.

15. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

It's hardly been a flying start. Added to that, going out of LC in first game with two second string sides battling it out

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Given your fixtures you've had a below par start points wise. The reason Klopp is getting grief is down to the obvious flaws in both his tactics and that side. He was deflecting today.

17. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Eternal optimist here lol. Despite my shouty match thread bits.

Klopp said they looked at 500 cbs etc...and none better than what he has....

You know what? This is true
    ..hold on... how we play will require exceptional cbs...and cms...we don't have them. And we could only get one cm on a buy now get next year and a CB who's club won't let him come.

My personal opinion is it's midfield more than defence but either way or both.

We are where we are...a club relying on a combination of Klopp and being in the CL to get the players that are good enough to minimise the conceded in a Klopp team.

If you don't like this idea then Klopp isn't for you....and that's actually fair enough.

I like him,but also see the weaknesses that will happen until he gets the players that CAN cope.

If he can't get them then I suppose he will go...

luvgonzo likes this.
  18. FedLadSonOfAnfield

DirtyFrank likes this.
  19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Exactly!

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's the mistakes that are getting to me, at times we play very well and I can see Klopps ideas and tactics and it looks absolutly fine. Then a set piece is awarded to the opposition and it all goes to **** or the opposition team have their moment in the game as every team does and we concede through individual errors.

So if you look at the fact that our problems are down to set pieces and individual errors then they can be sorted out. We need a leader at CB someone who can organise and someone who is dominant in the air, I can see why Klopp is so keen on VVD as he covers both of these issues, yes there are others CB's out there but we need quite a specific player.