1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

king kenny or Benitez

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by spanish_toon, Jan 27, 2011.

1. spanish_toon

spanish_toon Member

Newcastle fan in peace. I was just wondering how many of you would like king kenny to stay and if he were to go would you welcome back Rafa? Well done the other night looks like things are going right for you :)

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Rafa did a good job, but things were starting to go wrong. I think he left at the right time. Time for us to move on so I wouldn't have him back.

3. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

It would've been interesting to see the dressing room during Hodgson's era, as Pepe and Fernando gave Carra and Gerrard a look which said, "You got rid of Rafa for this?" But Rafa was gotten rid of and he couldn't return while some of those responsible are still there.

For all the dataless cliches about Rafa there was a section of fandom against him, people who were unable to discern where the H&G blame stopped and the Rafa blame started. Brian Reade put it best when he described the club as in a civil war, with all factions fighting all the other factions. It couldn't continue.

It's just a shame FSG didn't show up two years ago.

Like a dead relative, Rafa lives on in Kenny, the youngsters they developed together and the squad with the high pressing and the clean sheets but with absolute unity behind Kenny now.

I hope Rafa gets another Premier League club because he deserves a welcome return to see us.

4. mark the mad

mark the mad New Member

I think Kenny if he gets us into the top 6 at the end of the season cause hw ill have done an amazing job then. But if Kenny does not do this I think we should go for someone young who is known for attacking football and can bulid an empire but he would need to be giving time and a 5 years to bulid this maybe a bit more.

5. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

If we play well for the rest of the season I don't see why Kenny shouldn't get the job? Would fit in with the Liverpool ethos and with a few inspired signings either in the next few days or in the summer we could be back challenging the top teams again next season. That's a perfect scenario though!

6. I think if we were to get Rafa back it would be a huge step backwards. don't get me wrong i was a fan but we need to move on. Kenny is getting to play well which under Roy was non-existent. I would be happy for Kenny to get the job full time.

7. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

kenny all day everyday for me ...... rafa was good dont get me wrong we'll never forget istanbul, destroying madrid , the mancs in their own backyard etc. but we'll never forget the bore draws against stoke,wigan etc either and the excuses

8. Bridge of Sighs

Bridge of Sighs New Member

Is that really you Pokemon boy?