1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kilburn

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Hoops Eternal, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Another memorable day down Loftus Road way.
    This time the occasion was Kilburn's first visit to see the Hoops for 38 years, flying all the way from Canada for the game. It was a pleasure to meet & chat with him as he came from the same part of the world as me.
    Also in attendance were the magnificent Irish contingent who yet again made the trip over, along with Flanman making an appearance from Utrecht in the Netherlands.
    Kiburn was presented with a shirt in the C&S by Rollercoaster before the game to mark the occasion. Thanks to Roller for organizing that.

Kilburn2.jpg

And of course the icing on the cake was the result!

A good day had by all

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

A great day indeed, lovely to meet and chat with Kilburn and to cap it off he saw a goal of the season contender take the points. Safe journey home and hope to see you again sometime in the future...

3. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

I'll echo that. In addition to the usual faces that enjoy these gettogethers, we were also joined by WhereverIlaymyhearth and TerryB, I hope you enjoyed meeting up and that we see you again.

It was a pleasure to arrange. The credit should go to inkedupp for coming up with the idea, and my thanks to all those who so willingly chipped in.

4. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have to say lads that is a fantastic touch to get the shirt done for Kilburn.....great picture H.E.....sounds like a special day had by all......

5. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

What a wonderful occasion, with the Irish lads, and kilburn and the locals, thoroughly enjoyed my day and a win as well, with a super strike, nice to meet another bunch of indyrs as well, may make the c&s a local before a game.

6. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Hi to flanman too

7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I can only echo what has been said above. It was great to meet Kilburn, what a fantastic bloke. It was a real pleasure. Great turnout from the members on here, too many to mention but well done to Roller and Inky for arranging the shirt. Top stuff.

8. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Yep, just want to say well done Kilburn for making the trip over. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope you enjoyed watching the game.

Thanks a lot Roller for organising the shirt. Kilburn was chuffed.

Thanks a lot to all the lads from not606 who turned up to meet Kilburn and the Irish R's. We had a brilliant day. After our last trip last year for Southampton game, it was great that they all saw a win. The journey back home is always more pleasant after a win.

Fantastic day had by all.

9. Wandle Ranger

Wandle Ranger Member

Good to meet Kilburn, Flanman and Finglas and the Irish R's. Also had a good conversation with Terry B about the R's of yesteryear. Also met lots of others that were new to me. Good meet -up with the right result.

Excellent day.

10. finglasqpr

Good to meet you Wandle and TerryB for the first time.

11. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

Just back, it was great to meet up with so many posters at one time it was really a very special day and topped off by a special goal that we were in the perfect spot to watch it and the right result.

Worse thing about the day is trying to remember everyone's name I find one hard enough ;)

Nice to meet Roller, Tooting, Wandle,Terry B, Inkedup, Hoops Eternal, Sooper, Kilburn and even DT turned up out of the blue all for the first time (sorry if I missed someone out) and a pleasure to see Nines and WhereverIlaymyhearth again.

Special mention to Finglas who organised the whole thing great bloke and I even had a good chat with your nephew in the ground, he asks loads of questions very well mannered lad.

12. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Good to meet you too Flanman. These get-togethers are growing in numbers by he game!

13. finglasqpr

That's him alright Flanman. Drives you mad at times. Apologies if he chewed your ear out if it.

I only organised the Irish R's side of things. The praise goes to everybody who turned up and made the day what it was.

14. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

We're becoming a legend in our own lunchtime!...<laugh>

15. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

Very newish to the board but I certainly enjoyed meeting you in the C&S yesterday.

I'm sure other clubs have the same as our Irish R's, Melbourne R's etc. but these get togethers are what supporting Queens Park Rangers is all about.

The effort, never mind the cost, that you all put into following OUR TEAM is incredible.

16. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

this was my favourite trip yet. I was still buzzing when I got home at 1.30am..
    22 1/2hrs after getting up!
    loved every minute of it though.

17. finglasqpr

Delighted for you Inky.

Your photos on facebook of all the players and Harry after the game are really brilliant.

Winning certainally makes a difference to the mood on the long journey home.

18. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

it was Sharon and Cavan rebel who took the pics so the credit goes to the them.
    already trying to figure out the next one I'll get to!

19. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Sorry me and the lad didn't make it to the pub. Glad you had a great time.

20. JudoRanger

JudoRanger Well-Known Member

Glad the lads got the win on Kilburn's visit. Hope you enjoyed it!

Sorry I couldn't make the pub meet-up, had to coach a judo session at the last minute which meant I couldn't get up to Shepherds Bush early enough!