1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kenny Shiels banned

Discussion in 'Kilmarnock' started by RebelBhoy, Jan 24, 2013.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Dallas jnr......presumably exonerated,

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/k...ated-evidence/

Kenny Shiels will miss the next four Kilmarnock games, after being found guilty of making comments to the media about fourth official Andrew Dallas.

The Kilmarnock manager was given a two-match ban, which will be served on top of a further suspended sentence of two matches, meaning he will miss the games with Dundee, Celtic, Motherwell and the Scottish Cup tie with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Following the hearing, Shiels said: "I brought in evidence to disprove the fourth official, who fabricated stuff to try and incriminate me. I don't like that.

"The fabrication was outrageous."

Shiels was initially called before the regulatory body on December 13 for alleged misconduct during Kilmarnock's match with St Johnstone on November 24, which saw the Perth side claim a last-minute victory and Manuel Pascali sent off early on.

The Northern Irishman was charged with "comments on radio and in a newspaper article that are alleged to impinge on the character of a match official", while he was cleared of "dissent, adopting an aggressive attitude and by the use of offensive, insulting or abusive language".

The ruling body gave Shiels a three-match touchline ban following the hearing, with a further two matches suspended. That two-match suspended sentence has now been enforced, with a further two for being found guilty in the Thursday hearing.

However, following that hearing Shiels alleged that Andrew Dallas, the assistant referee who was providing witness testimony, had fabricated evidence and "acted in a manipulative and devious manner" to strengthen his case against the Kilmarnock manager.

Shiels said that he stands by his comments, but wishes to move on and will not appeal the decision.