1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kell brook

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Captainchaos., Dec 8, 2018.

1. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Anyone watch?

He's a spent force along with khan now who's also on his way out.

Not interested in seeing either fight now tbh

Should have happened when brook won world title. .. khan said get a title and and when he won one he still didn't now it's just not interesting to me.

Khan can get bigger fights you cant blame him and on the evidence of tonight and khans last fight they're both finished .

2. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

He was terrible tonight. Golovkin then Spence fights have ruined him. But he's wasted his career. Apart from Porter he hasn't really beaten anybody, really he should have kicked on after that and dominated the division instead of fighting Frankie Gavin and Joe Jordan

Khan is fighting Crawford, he'll get absolutely destroyed. Khan can get bigger name fights but he'd get double the money for the Brook fight what he'll get for Crawford, and less of a beating. He probably knows Brook will still be there after and they'll probably fight later on next year.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  3. Captainchaos.

Brooks finished he's got no chance against Hurd etc

Khan lost my respect when he said win a world title and I'll fight you... brook won one and he didn't. That was the time for the fight....

Both have done **** all since . I think Khan would rather risk losing fights he's expected to lose with a big reward stature wise if wins and tbh I can understand.

Imo both are below the standard both they and their fans think .

4. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Brooks looked very poor last night and was getting hit with some decent right handers. May be ring rusty but Even now he would beat Khan who I think knows it and is staying well clear.
    On a different note, hearing Tyson Fury demanding a 50-50 purse against Joshua. Joke seeing as he'd bring no belts to the table. Surely the 3 Belt World Champ would normally set the terms. Both could make mega bucks anyway but 50-50, be real and get it on.

5. Captainchaos.

I like joshua but he's such a nice lad out the ring that division needs wilder and fury .

Looks like wilder vs fury 2 next so it could be for undisputed and as a fab the percentage being 50 50 is fine but as you know that's not how it works.

I think fury will get caught again at some point in the 12 ... usually in my experience whenever a fighter gets robbed in the first fight they get kod or lose the rematch.. I could be wrong I can think of loads.

6. the_gateshead_ninja

the_gateshead_ninja Active Member

50-50 sounds fair to me, he won the last fight despite what the official result was. The belts belong to him already really.

7. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Yeah Brook was cack the other night. I think you could tell he feels like he's on the way out. Trying to hard to big himself up after, in denial. Khan has still got quick hands but at the end of the day if you can't take a punch then it's going to severely limit your boxing career and that's what's happened.

8. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

It was a very poor performance by Brooks own standards, but despite that, he won a wide, unanimous decision against a decent fighter.
    He can't perform worse than that so I think bearing in mind Brook hasn't fought since March, we should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Way way too early to be writing him off. It was a poor performance for sure but I think he was rusty. I think we need to see more to see what the lasting legacy of the Golovkin and Spence fights are. I'd slam Eddie Hearn for mismanagement but he actually advised Brook against the fights and Kell insisted. You can be too brave or too proud at times.

He should never have jumped two weights to fight Golovkin. I can't recall any fighter jumping two weights once you get out of the smaller classes, then fight an elite level fighter at the weight and win. It was pretty stupid. To compound that by trying to then boil yourself down to your original weight which was already becoming an issue, to fight a top class up and comer was nearing on the insane. Personally I think his own stupidity may have left a lasting mark on his career. However the last two fights have told us zero. When he gets in with Hurd that will tell us more.

With Khan I think he sleeps him cold under normal circumstances but it all depends on the weight - if he has to do the welterweight and re-hydration, I am pretty sure Khan will run for 5-6 rounds safe in the knowledge the weight drain will wipe him out late on. He should just move on from Khan for me. Khan is scared to fight him on normal terms. Hence the re-hydration clause. Weird thing is I'd probably have Khan as favourite if its welterweight and rehydration as I don't think Brook realise how much of an advantage Khan would have.

10. Captainchaos.

Khans finished too both of them are shot fighters now.

11. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Pacquiao but he's the best ever

12. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I’ll trump your Pac-Man with a Cassius.

13. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

**** Dave, that’s mine.

70DCC084-72B3-406D-90B3-5EE3D7380CD1.jpeg

14. Warmir Pouchov

First fight at the weight though and Manny has never fought above welter. Once you are fighting middleweights it’s a whole different world of knockout power. Especially the likes of Golovkin and Canelo who can really bang.

I reckon underneath it all, that damage inflicted over two fights has left it’s mark on Brook. We will see but I think he is going to get gun shy the moment someone connects with a big one.

Ben 10 likes this.
  15. Captainchaos.

Not just that he's always blown up in between fights, likes a line or two, suspect he's been fed roids by ingle and now he's got a **** trainer.

16. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

TBF to Brook when he fought GGG I thought he did really well considering he had gone up the weights and GGG is one of the hardest guy out there at any weight. It was a daft move though. Never had a chance of winning.

17. Warmir Pouchov

Despite my criticism of Brooks decisions which have been atrocious, and me doubting his credentials to continue at elite level, I have to say I really like the lad, and he has had a terrific career. People forget he did the hard yards to get where he is. He beat the domestic guys like Hatton, Jennings, Lomax etc. He beat the awkward guys like Kotey, N'Dou, fought the gatekeepers like Senchenko and Jones, went to America and won a justified points decision off Porter. The only other guy to beat Porter is Thurman. He has beaten the likes of Danny Garcia, Broner, Berto, Alexander, so he's no mug and was outboxed by Brook. He then didn't run from his defences against Dan and Bizier as limited as they may be. His only defeats have fully fledged and bonafide excuses.

Khan looks like it will happen now but it looks like Kell is making bad decisions once again by agreeing to welterweight, and more importantly an out of the ordinary rehydration clause. People will say its Khan being smart, but for he's a pussy. He's ran and ran, then wants it all his own way. I hope Kell smashes his glass jaw to pieces for being such a pussy. As I say though I think Khan would be favourite on those terms.