1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Keep your shirt on alwaysright - or you'll be booked !

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Feb 7, 2019.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47149484

I am struggling to think of any sport ( other than football ), where a referee must think they are infallible - and will not accept any criticism or suggestion that they should use available technology to get a 'correct' decision --- and with VAR, and its' panel of officials ((( I still don't know why they need to wear a 'kit' in the TV room ))), the man with the whistle, can default to VAR and wash his hands of making a decision ---in fact the VAR panel has a duty to 'step in' and tell the referee that he's got it wrong------- there really shouldn't be the need for players having to tell the referee that he needs to review the incident.................... BUT ------ there shouldn't be a 'Holier-than-thou' attitude by UEFA. They are embarrassing themselves by suggesting that players should be booked for making a television 'gesture.' ---- this is nearly as pathetic as booking a player for removing his shirt in a goal celebration --------------------
    --------------- I wouldn't mind so much if the referees / the FA / Uefa were interested in tackling some of the thuggery that happens on the pitch.--- I have heard nothing from the FA about retrospective action against the Brighton player, Andone. He got away with a vicious elbow in the face of W.B.Albion's player, Friend.- and to make things worse, Andone scored Brighton's equaliser. Andone was 'physical' on several occasions during the match - including kicking a player in the face - yet- no booking............... So, is this animal going to get away with his violence.
    Referees have a difficult job - Many, if not all of us can make the same claim about our jobs - yet most, if not ALL of the rest of us will accept any 'guidance' to achieve the best outcome. Referees have no divine right to be 'snowflakes' when it comes to players suggesting that something seriously wrong has happened - and it needs to be reviewed -- after all -- to make such a review will only surely serve to preserve the integrity of the original decision - or to place the referee in a good light with the players and managers when, by using VAR, a crime is prevented.