1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Keep Puncheon.....?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SFCbwSFC, Jul 22, 2011.

1. SFCbwSFC

SFCbwSFC Member

I would like to see him here next season, I've come round to the idea of keeping him and I think all other fans would once the season starts and if he was put in a good performance I reckon most would forget and move on.....:emoticon-0150-hands
    He hasn't done anything that bad and deep down he is a good player and has something to offer next season, especially if Chambo leaves then surely Punch is a keeps...
    So what do you think? Sell him quick as possible? Or keep?
    (I'm prepared to be shot down by all the punch haters......i.e most people on here!)

2. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

Sadly I don't think many fans will be able to forgive and forget his awful attitude.

3. Saint_Nom

Saint_Nom Member

Why should we?!? He has a terrible attitude, when he realised AOC was number one choice he got a strop on! Poor attitude will effect the players on the pitch & dressing room mentality. He has stated he doesn't want to play for us & wants to move (i'lll even drive him to his preferred destination).

Just because there is a chance that AOC could leave & a place could be there, no we shouldnt keep him.

Think this just proves Saint Harrys point! lol!

4. saintgreg10

saintgreg10 Well-Known Member

Puncheon will go, hence the reason he hasn't been training with the 1st team and hasn't been issued with a squad number

5. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Adkins and Cortese have gone too far to go back on their word. They are men who stick to their word.

When Adkins was asked late last season about Puncheon playing again in Chamberlain's absence (injured at the time) he said a very definite "no."

6. sussexsaint

sussexsaint Member

NA ejected him from the bus long ago. There is no way back and neither should there be.

7. reggiesfc

reggiesfc Member

What did puncheon actually do?

8. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

He will unsettle the dressing room again and Nigel would never allow him to do that.

He is on his way no question.

What is stopping him going is the same thing affecting Alex and that is the deviousness of agents.

9. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Unfortunately bw I think most supporters will not be able to handle that. He is a very good player but I think the best solution is for us to go our separate ways, I wouldn't bear him too many grudges. There tends to be many rumours and few facts surrounding Puncheon. The treatment he got when he played early last season from the stands was pretty sad.

10. saintgreg10

He disrespected Adkins and the team. As I understand it was because the young Chamberlain was selected ahead of him and he couldn't accept that. In a word, he thought it would be better to cry baby than to knuckle down and fight for his place.

Also, if rumours are true and I say IF; the squad don't think much of him at all and were even heard to be cracking jokes and mocking him towards the end of last season whilst he was at Blackpool.

11. Saint Sonic

Saint Sonic Member

i heard the same things from my mate at the training ground, he wasnt happy at saints and was one grumpy git - when he was gone it was like when the arsehole leaves the room and everyone bands together and mocks them! think its plain and simple no one at the club wants him here - let alone him.

people should stop saying give him a chance and accept that saints and JP are just not meant to be and we await a transfer of decent price.

12. reubenagbola

reubenagbola Member

It's all rumours. I thought Punch was ok and shows some real potential. I think he struggled to replace lallana as our main playmaker at the start of last season and he had a few games where his shots went wayward and the fans turned on him. As soon as that happened his attitude was well sod you and his head went down. I know he should have been professional and shurugged it off, but to be fair against Blackpool in the cup he was one of the best players on the pitch even with the abuse still coming from the stands. I think the boo boys have to shoulder some of the blame.
    It reminds me of Jason Euell who isnt the greatest footballer, but fans got on his back early doors and for me when we stayed up I was mega impressed with the way he shrugged it off and seemed like one of the few that at least gave 100% to help us stay up. Thats all I ever ask of a saints player. I admit puncheon didnt give 100% after the fans turned, which is wrong, but I think human nature is to turn your back on people who criticise.
    I just dont get boo'ing a saints player no matter how carp he is. I would like him to stay, but cant see it happening. The bridges are burnt.

13. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

not a great deal

<whistle>

14. saintgreg10

Jason Euell has one of the worst first touches i've ever seen! It was like he had springs attached to his boots, whenever he tried to take a touch the ball would just bounce off his feet in a different direction! He is a player that people seem to think is far better than he actually is! I agree though, at least he put the effort in, much to no avail mind!

15. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I am so biased that if Count Dracula or Colonel Gadafi came on the pitch in Red and White stripes I would cheer them, not boo them! Once a Saint always a Saint no matter how bad! By gum we have had some bad!!!!! I am ready to forgive Punchy and Oxo if they are prepared to play for us, I am not that picky or vindictive.

16. olddellboy

olddellboy Well-Known Member

puncheon's attitude seemed wrong, and for NA and The Don to stand so firm on the matter suggests that there is no way back. However, just look at Rooney who publically stated he was wrong, and most fans seem to have forgiven him at Man U. If Pucheon did the same, and showed some heart when he played, i am sure most fans would give him the benefit of the doubt

17. sfc94

sfc94 Member

I don't think Puncheon is that good anyway. I would sell him to the highest bidder.

18. Silverback

Silverback Member

No way sell him he doesnt want to be here and we dont want him.

19. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Especially now we've got de Ridder, who looks a better player than Puncheon will ever be

20. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

I'd rather play myself for a season than Puncheon.