1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kedwell Deal virtually Done

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by vinney, Jun 22, 2011.

1. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

2. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

A signing of many quality one's i hope. a local lad that will give his all, along with many goals lets all hope?

now for j brown, and more importantly..whelpdale, lee!

COYG!!!

3. brb

brb Guest

Just been looking at his profile...

Profile: Aggressive, powerful centre-forward signed in September 2008 from Grays Athletic. He played for Welling before moving to Grays in May 2007. At Wimbledon he quickly formed a powerful striking partnership with Jon Main, his hard work often setting up goals for Main, and scored 15 times in his debut season. He was last season’s leading goalscorer, with a tally of 26.

TBH sounds ok to me, the sort of player I would be hoping for in the team, we've done the Jacko & Cody's, I assume this guy is a big lad, certainly make a change from the dwarf's if he is, especially with Hessy's style of play. Looking at last season, I reckon it's the only way we are going to get out of this league.

Reading his profile though, leaves me to believe we may need to bring someone else in along side him, any suggestions?

4. gills4everandaday

brb, would'nt mind marvin morgan, although i think swinedon may have him?
    johnson of norwich, seeing as the last norwich player we had was a success!
    sure we may get a striker higher up the leagues in on loan also?

maybe a gem from our trials..lets hope!!

5. brb

brb Guest

Ideal at 6ft 5in <ok>
    Although I remember the beginning of last season his name also being mentioned.

The only flaw in all this plan, is that we've lost our pace with Barcham bringing it down the wing, I just hope that Martin is going to fulfil that hole.

off topic...
    gills,oxon - I assume you are the same person slight addition to your name, that was in my prediction league last season?
    I've sent you an invite if you want to join again 'brb prediction league' under 'groups' although the threads will be on the gills board, you need to accept the invite to take part <cheers>

6. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Martin--------Pace

This can't be the same player we had last season then.;)

7. brb

brb Guest

grumpy - why do think I said the word 'hope' - <laugh>
    I blame Kentish Man, he convinced me Martin would be ok <doh>

8. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

Its said on Gills365 that the club want to sign Morgan as a partner for Kedwell

9. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Kedwell would work better with Ronaldo,

it now say's Ronaldo to partner Kedwell on not606<party>

10. gills4everandaday

brb..thats me!

i certainly don't think martin is our answer down that wing, i just hope hessy keeps him at the back.

think key to success, as well as keeping players fit and who we bring in, is making sure players are played in those positions and stay there long term without a doubt!!

have also seen on another thread 365, that morgan is our target to bring to club.

11. TheBatchinator

I'm glad that a deal for Kedwell seems close. Hopefully we get Morgan with him as I really rate him. With regard to wingers, i'd love us to get Kyel Reid but i'm sure he could easily get a deal at a league 1 club... Struggling to think of quick wingers we could lure, Mark Marshall from Barnet is one but I doubt we have much funds left if we are spending 100k plus for kedwell. Omar Daley predominantly stays up north so it would be a shock if he moves all the way south... What about Goalkeepers as well????

12. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Don't forget Oli he's fast.

can't play football but hey.

13. brb

brb Guest

grumpy - unlike many, I don't mind Oli, although tbh, he's not the answer.

Has anyone got a recent link to these Marvin Morgan rumours?

gills,oxon - go to notifications at the very top right of your page, next to your user name - you will see an invite <ok>

14. brb

brb Guest

15. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

If we sign Kedwell it will really show our total lack of ambition. he trialled at Gillingham before. 27 year old who's only played non league football. If he was that good why wasn't he playing league football before? No money, no ambition...nothing changes.

16. GillinghamLAD

GillinghamLAD Member

Simeon Jackson had trials at the club years before he joined. He had only played non-league football before joining us, and now he is a Premiership footballer. Granted he is younger than Kedwell but Kedwell is a supposed fan of the club so he may have an added determination to prove his worth.

As for lack of ambition, the very fact we are spending money shows ambition to me, although I would prefer it to be spent on someone with pace first and foremost as we are severely lacking that.

17. Gills-man-Ant-Dog

Cody Mcdonald was also playing non league football 2 years ago, as was a Steve Mprrison, who is noew in the premiership!

Lenny i swear you just love being a complete Toby, not all non league players are good, granted, but there really isn't a great deal of difference between the conference and league 2 now so if a guy scores 26 goals in the conference, then how can you argue with that? Players who score goals, will always score goals and I for one know how much effort id put in every single match if i was playing for Gillingham so im over the moon a fellow Gills fan could be playing for us!

18. Harrygillz

Harrygillz Member

How you can say this doesn't show ambition is beyond me, We're actually spending money and signing someone at last! Looks like he could do a very decent job in league two as well, which in all honesty isn't that far away from the conference in terms of quality..

19. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I know Danny really well and he plays with his heart on his sleeve and he has always wanted to play for us, can't say this for many other players, he will be great for us if we get him which seems highly likely.

20. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

Sorry lads but you're all plain wrong. We should be buying proven goalscorers at league level. Not a non league player that at 27 has never played at league level. This is a massive step back from Cody and Akinfenwa. Hessy is just taking a punt because he hasn't got any money.