1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Karlan Ahearne-Grant

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Sep 12, 2017.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Sorry, but there is more chance of Elfs being mistaken for Humphrey Bogart than KAG ever making the grade at Charlton. He is sh1t.

Yes he got sold a hospital pass when brought on at 0-2 tonight, but he offers absolutely nothing as either a winger or a striker.

It is an embarrassment to this football club if we are being told that the only alternative to Josh Magennis for the next three months is Karlan Ahearne Grant.

lardiman and DickPlumb like this.
  2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Don't worry, we've got Dodoo, or should it be Dodon't.

3. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Dodidn't.

And you're spot on Royston. Ahearne-Grant brings nothing to the team. My heart sank when I saw he was coming on.

4. User deleted as requested

Ahearne -Grant is destined to be another Joe Piggot - now plying his trade in the non league. Sadly for us, it may take another season before the penny drops. Talking to another fan inside the Valley last night, he reckons Hanlon is a better player now than KAG.

5. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

The bottom line is we needed another striker in who is as good or better than what we have. We got Dodoo. Enough said. Our squad is not strong enough and Roland has left us short AGAIN. Also Holmes is one booking away from a suspension. When is Darren Anderton, sorry I meant Ben Reeves coming back.

6. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I still think that Cameron Stewart would be a better option on the bench than KAG

Beware of the virus likes this.
  7. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

And a better option than Fosu.

8. User deleted as requested

Fosu is an impact player, he will give you a good 20 mins off the bench. He has a few tricks in his repertoire.

I am genuinely puzzled as to what sort of player KAG is trying to be, but if he is not careful his career will peak at Charlton on the bench in L1.

9. Talal El

Talal El Well-Known Member

Absolutely anonymous last night, if you haven't got the ability of Holmes, at least chase and work just as hard as he does. Barely put the effort in last night, KAG

Disagree with both of you RE: Fosu, think he's better than what you two are making out. Had his poorest 2 games the last two for sure, but think there's enough promise for a good season and certainly better than Cameron Stewart

10. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Fosu looked fine when I saw him (way back in august). I doubt he has lost it big time since then, but a bad night can hit anyone. The worry would be that as a Young player, confidence or nerves (or weariness) kicked in, and his level dropped. Not saying that has happened after a night most of the team would wish to forget, but it is more of a risk for a youngster tan a canny old head like, for example, Roger Jonson :)

11. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

Cameron Stewart is poor. Why do you think no one has signed him? Richie Lambert has got to be worth a contract till January surely.

12. User deleted as requested

Wigan has 6/7 players last night that were of the standard that we should be aspiring to. Not casts Offs, getting their 3rd trial of the summer at Port Vale. Nick Powell is a very good player, ditto Grigg, ditto their No.8 the lad with the beard. Players who can mix the tough stuff with the technical.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

13. ForestHillBilly

Presumably Lambert would want to be paid, which is a bit of a problem to say the least.

14. User deleted as requested

I think our fans wanted to give KAG a chance today but to be honest he was poor.

He hasn’t got enough skill to be a winger and he hasn’t got the finishing ability or the physicality to be a striker.

I think he needs to drop down a couple of levels, maybe to the Conference.

15. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

I don't know how many more chances he will be given. Going on past form, quite a few before the end of the season.
    Some players just never fulfill their potential.
    I thought it was embarrassing and a bit sad watching him try again today. He jumped out of a 50/50 with the Bury goal keeper that could have seen Bury down to 10 men had he shown more commitment and less instinct for self-preservation.

16. ForestHillBilly

Sorry, but KAG never had great potential. Never pulled up any trees for the U-18's, but was put from there straight into the first team, not the U-21's as it was then. He was always a good honest trier, but was promoted beyond his ability.

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Didn’t KAG have a strong scoring record before his promotion?

18. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

I recall him scoring lots for the u18.

19. User deleted as requested

I have seen nothing in KAG’s 30-40 appearances for us now to suggest he is anything better than semi pro standard.

I did see him pull up in a very expensive new BMW however - a further indication of just how f*cked this club is.

20. ForestHillBilly

He had a decent record in the U-18's, but not exceptional. Who knows how he would have progressed in the U-21's where he should have played a season instead of going straight into the first team, where he was nowhere near ready. If I remember rightly he had 2 or 3 games for the U-21's and did not do particularly well. Now he has lost confidence altogether and clearly isn't going to make it.