1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just to much......

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by SAFC_Derry, Dec 29, 2012.

1. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

For our make shift defence against the pace of their strike force. How Defoe didn't get booked I'll never know. Jono was disappointing with poor passing but yet again McClean did well putting in another good shift as did Coleback. We looked more threatening when Frazer came on and Bramble looked composed and solid but I felt they could of picked us off. Mig outstanding again!

We have to remember that this was a very talented team (as the commentators kept telling us) and to be honest listening to them you would of thought we were a league one side playing the European champions judging by their disbelieve that we were in front. I long for when we have a settled defence and have Catts and Gards in the middle.

2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

We also need to remember that 3 days ago every one of our players bust every inch of their lives to get us the points against city while Spurs played a very poor Villa side and hardly got out of first gear to hammer them. We were easily beaten by the better side. We've got 6 points from the last 3 games when the most optimistic of us thought we'd get 3 and most thought 1 from Soton. I'm not too unhappy as we defended OK although I was disappointed with Fletcher today. On to Wednesday

3. Moorsleymountainman

Moorsleymountainman Active Member

Too right, sometimes I expect us to do better without giving the opposition a second thought. We were playing a quality side but we need a lot more than Catts in the middle. I tend to pick on the bad points more than the good (can't help it) Hopefully a quality midfielder will pull the rest together a bit but at the moment Larsson, McLean, Johnson, Colback AND Sess are just 5 individual players (see) playing pretty poor.

4. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Not wrong mmm but those 5 "individuals" were an excellent "team" on Wednesday.

5. SAFC_Derry

SAFC_Derry Member

Exactly, and a lot was said of McCleans failure to pass to Sess but Sess failed to take the best option (pass) again today. Overall the team ran their hearts out but the difference in quality was there for all to see. Looks like we need a quality MD/CB/CF anyone know if their are any available?

6. Schwerer Gustav

Schwerer Gustav Well-Known Member

Joe Cole...........

7. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

two steps forward and one step back....

nowts changed, so why the uproar?

8. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Just think you ran into a top side today, no shame in that performance. Sandro just ran the game from start to finish and the balance of him Dembele, Bale and Lennon was sublime.

9. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

wasn't playing...unless i'm locked into a mindwarp of football manager...in which case, where;s me Swedish hookers and crate of vodka...i'm going out on a high..

10. froggy1973

froggy1973 Well-Known Member

Obviously didn't watch the same game as me.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Which bit?

12. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

O Shea man the one minute then back to normal the next, and where was Johnson ?. Next we will be saying look at those winable games next month but will we win any?, can these players stop giving/losing the ball.

13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

UK: 08457 90 90 90

ROI: 1850 60 90 90

Samaitans for ya ****ing manic depression.