1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just for fun through the season

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Before the season started, I stuck 30 quid on City @ 8/1 to be promoted by any route (auto or playoffs) to return me £270. Just to let you know the cash out this afternoon is up to £41.50 - I think I'll stick with it.

After 4 games we're down to 7/2 if you want a punt right now and strangely to me, Wolves are now favourites at 5/4. I know who I'd rather bet on through a gruelling Championship season.

The winter's yet to come and there'll be some European players and their European managers wearing gloves before October's out - Warnock will give our boys a peppermint to suck and be told to get on with it........<laugh>

2. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I'm not under any ilusion that we won't be battling come the end of the season, we will be in or around the play offs in my opinion and what an achievement that will be. I don't think we will be in an auto spot, although I bloody well hope with all my heart that I'm wrong. It's going to be a good season to be a City fan though!! BLUEBIRDS!!!!

whiffletree likes this.
  3. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Looking at the back four and the centre mid three if we had late 70s / early 80s pitches to play on promotion would be a doddle.

We'll play some decent stuff through the season but won't shirk a wet and windy Tuesday anywhere!

4. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Some of those Wolves players would prefer to suck a Fishermen's Friend. <whistle>

5. ccfcremotesupport

Already sucked on a lemon.

6. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

I put 30 quid on Zahore to finish top scorer in championship (33 -1). £30 on City to be promoted (7 - 1) and £30 City to finish top six (7 - 2). No cash in, though on any of 'em.

I also have a weekly flutter on a City to win and also City to win (with both teams scoring). Costs me a tenner a game, but so far this season I'm about £65.00 up.

DaiJones and Oldsparkey like this.
  7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Love it whiffle.

Didn't go with a top scorer this season but as well as my bet in the OP, I also put 30 quid on a top 6 finish for City but only got 3/1 unlike your 7/2. The cash out on that punt stands at £51.14 today so I could take a profit. Nah, stick with it and get my full £120 in May eh?

I usually have a bet on City and a scorer every week. They do vary and can't remember how much I'm up this season but I'm definitely well up.

In fact when I saw City at 7/2 to win at Wolves I just had to have a go at it. I stuck 20 quid on and got back 90 - wheheyyyy!!!!

The only downside was I had £8 on Damour to score at any time during the game @ 12/1. I thought that was a very good punt but I lost my 8 quid - hey ho, you can't win them all.

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Can't understand these odds on the two 100% Championship clubs who are both at home today.

City are a very mean 7/10 on to beat Holloway's 7th place QPR with QPR at 9/2 against <yikes> to win it.

On the other hand, the other 100% club Ipswich are only at 12/5 to beat 19th placed Fulham - all a bit strange to me.

Shan't be bothering at those odds to back City today, I think I'll go for a goalscorer or two instead. However, I am inclined to have a punt on MM's Ipswich at home @ that 12/5 to turn over Fulham who are struggling so far this season. That seems pretty generous so I'm going to stick a tenner on them now - I'll have a think about the City scorer(s) when the team sheet comes up.

9. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Hope you had a tenner on Bamba to score the winning goal.

10. ccfcremotesupport

Looks like the odds were about right.

Oldsparkey likes this.

11. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Sky bet odds for outright winner are odd. Wolves favourites at 11/4 is weird, ahead of you. Surprised Fulham are 3rd favourites. We look good odds at 10/1 after today's results, though I think we are more top 6 candidates (auto would be a bit of a dream atm)

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  12. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Sky bet odds for being promoted:
    Wolves evens
    Cardiff 7/4
    Fulham 9/4
    Boro 5/2
    Leeds 10/3
    Derby 4/1

Think Cardiff and Leeds look the best odds in that list

DaiJones likes this.
  13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Dai - I didn't back City to win before I left for the game because of the poor odds but couldn't resist something when I got to the CCS. I had a look at it again on my phone. The HT/FT odds on City were 8/5 to be winning at the end of the first half as well as the final whistle but at least they were better. Sod it, I stuck 20 quid on it.

When they scored first I thought that was it but I honestly don't know why but had a feeling that Bamba would redress letting Matt Smith out jump him for their goal. I had a look and he was 9/1 to score at any time so I stuck £6 on him. :smiley-finger007:

Then Hoilett brought us level and whatd'yaknow, up popped Bamba for his goal at the end of the first half and put me back on course for the HT/FT bet as well.

Incidentally, I looked at County at half time and they were losing at home 0-1 to Chesterfield but were having much the better of the game. At that time they were 4/1 to win the game in the second half so I stuck a tenner of my Bamba winnings on them. They ran out 4-1 winners......Happy days......:smiley-finger007::smiley-finger007:

DaiJones likes this.
  14. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Sparkey have you considered putting up a regular betting tips post prior to the matches taking place. I would certainly like to follow you. Got to be better than any bets I do !

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Don't always win BT - far from it some weekends. <doh> Good Saturday though.

I did drop a few quid on a couple of other punts but ended well up on the day. I did have a tenner on Ipswich to beat Fulham <doh>

I had another 8 quid on Damour scoring for us. I've been backing him to bang one in since the first game so I'm going to keep plugging away with him. He's usually around the 6/1 mark most games recently so well worth pursuing.

I usually consider my bets on City (and others) before comitting but must admit the Bamba to score and County to win when 0-1 down half time were pure impulse punts. <ok>

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Incidentally, the cash out on the above bet is now up to £60 after Saturday - going to hang in there.

17. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

I would hang on as well - I am beginning to think this could be a very successful season

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Funny thing. I've just looked at the above standing bet today after the transfer window closed last night.

Without us kicking a ball this last 24 hours, the cash out has now gone up to £67.50. Do the bookies like our new signings or what?......<laugh>

DaiJones likes this.
  19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Just looked at the cash out value on the above bet before tonights game - it's now gone up to £77.15.

Wonder what it will be in the morning. :emoticon-0141-whew:

20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Strangely enough it went unavailable for a day but that 30 quid promotion bet has now come back up as the same £77.15.

Looks like they've taken no notice of the Preston result.