1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Just 25,700 tickets for the FA Community Shield

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

According to the official Chelsea website....

"We will receive approximately 25,700 tickets for the match, which takes place at Wembley on Sunday 2 August, kick-off 3pm. We have been allocated the West side of the stadium.

The allocation is unlikely to be sufficient for our core season ticket holder base of non-hospitality and hospitality season ticket holders and, therefore, the selling policy will apply based on loyalty points from the 2014/15 season.

Adult tickets are priced £45, £35, £25 and £20 with seniors (over 65) and juniors (under 20) receiving a £10 reduction on the full adult price ticket."

.....with Wembley being around a 92,000 capacity and if Arsenal get the same allocation as us, where do the remaining 40,000 tickets go? We got an allocation of about 32,000 for the League Cup final against the Spuds in March. I think the FA is bang out of order with this meagre allocation for us. :steam:

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Ridiculous.

How can charity shield be smaller allocation than League cup final

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Because its for charity and its mainly to raise money for under privileged children and the such, and real fans of either team probably don't really give a **** about it.
    So they leave a lot of seats open for corporate days out who will pay huge cash, or kids from the make a wish foundation who want to go see a "soccer" game etc.
    That would be my guess.

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's just the charity shield though I'd be more annoyed with the crap allocation for games that matter to fans.

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Aye if it was the CoC or FA Cup final then I would be annoyed.

luvgonzo likes this.
  6. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

...to me it's a top game and especially as it's against Arsenal. If we win it it'll get a permanent mention in the inside of all future matchday programmes along with the dates of everything else we've won.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

<wizard> Oh Fabregas is magic, he wears a magic hat; he could have signed for Arsenal, but he said "no **** that".

He passes with his left foot, he passes with his right, and when we win the league again we'll sing this song all night! <wizard>

Repeat, again and again.

8. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

At least pricing is decent.

Might pop along..