1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Juan Mata reportedly on his way out

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Bodinki, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I kinda guessed it was coming when you appointed Jose.
    One of the first things he did when he came back to Chelsea was offload Mata.
    He seems to really not like the guy, apparently its because he doesn't track back and Jose see's him as lazy.

Everton have made a bid I understand of around £20m. He played under Koeman at Valencia, and he really rates him.

Would you be bothered to see him leave?
    I was a little disappointed when he left us, having been our player of the season 2 years running.

LvG never used him properly imo.

Uniteds official stance is that they are not looking to sell but will listen of offers. I think Jose is giving him the stink eye and trying to hound him out tbh, hoping he puts in a request.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/1156...k.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=engbfb

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/transfer...erton-interest-while-napoli-want-mauro-icardi

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I spent five minutes then thinking if LVG used a single one of our players correctly during his time here and I could think of one, Smalling. That's it. He misused every other player in the squad at one point or all the time.

Anyway, I would be sad to see Mata go as he's a player who to me appears at home and is very much a United player. He gets us, we get him and appreciate it.

I can't see where he'll get a game though to be honest. The 10/right sided forward positions will have Rooney, Mkhi, Lingard and Rashford ahead of him. Then when it comes to lumping it forward even Fellaini would get picked ahead of him.

It doesn't bode well. He really may as well leave as not get a game.

3. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Be shame to lose but as Chief says he's unlikely to get a lot of game time. I imagine Chelsea fans felt the same way when he left them.

Bodinki likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Pretty much.
    Felt the same when we sold him, especially to United!
    Great attacking player. Won't be a shortage of clubs after him.
    Everton I feel is a little beneath him, all due respect to them, he could easily cut it at a top European club.

5. The Ginger Marks

Can see Spuds putting in an offer then Levy can sell Kane and go on holiday.

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

He would probably do really well at Spurs. But I think Mata might favour Everton because its closer to where he lives now (ie less hassle moving back to London) and he has worked with Koeman before.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'll be gutted I'll be honest. With the players we have around him on the pitch, I think he can easily compete with Rooney for the AM position. I think we should keep him and reassess the situation in January. By then we'll know for sure.

Great player, badly misused. Came to us as a worldie, leaving us to a mid-table side. Embarrassing from us if true.

8. Style

Style 'where is the love'

He could definitely cut it at top club. Wasted at Everton.

9. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I like Mata and on his day he could open a tight defence. But the problem has been other rivals physical strength. He was bound to find it difficult in a Mourinho system.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

How did he manage the rivals' physical strength when he was playing at Chelsea before Mourinho? Despite the fact he hasn't yet had the opportunity to demonstrate it, he is imo still a world class player IF we want him to be. And world class players can play against any type of opposition.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Treble likes this.
  12. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

I can see him going, pity as I like him, ge will get you goals that Roo cant.