1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Josh Onomah Signs

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Aug 8, 2019.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Josh Onomah has signed for us, but Sess went in the other direction as expected.
    A disappointing 11th hour announcement and little time to spend some money wisely.

Welcome to Josh, I hope you enjoy your time at the Cottage and be part of our success.

2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

As announced by the club today, our Josh has a fine pedigree;

The Club is delighted to confirm the permanent signing of Josh Onomah from Tottenham Hotspur.

The 22-year-old arrives at Fulham as part of the deal that has seen Ryan Sessegnon join Spurs.

Onomah has agreed a three-year contract, with a Club option for a further 12 months, keeping him in SW6 until at least the summer of 2022.

After putting pen to paper, Onomah said: “I’m over the moon. It’s a proud moment for me and my family and I’m looking forward to the new challenge.

“I know the Gaffer and Matt Wells so I’m looking forward to working under them, getting started, and making a huge impact here.”

please log in to view this image

An energetic central midfielder who is also comfortable out wide, local boy Onomah rose through the age groups in Spurs’ academy, captaining their Under-18 side to the Semi-Finals of the FA Youth Cup in 2014/15.

That season also brought a first team debut, as he came off the bench in Tottenham’s 4-2 win over Burnley in the FA Cup.

The following campaign saw Onomah make a big impression on the senior setup as he was involved in 19 matches across all competitions, while he made his Champions League bow and scored his first senior goal in 2016/17.

Fulham fans would have been familiar with Onomah the subsequent season as he featured against us in all three meetings while on loan at Aston Villa. He scored four and assisted three goals during his 33 league outings for Villa.

Onomah gained further Championship experience during a temporary stint with Sheffield Wednesday last year.

A seasoned England international at youth level, Onomah has 58 caps to his name from Under-16 to Under-21 level, notably being part of the sides that won the Under-17 European Championship in 2014 and the Under-20 World Cup in 2017.

3. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

spurs had high hopes for him and had played for England st most youth levels, has stalled a bit last few years but think there must be something there and hopefully we can find it.