1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jose says you're all stupid

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Bodinki, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...bc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

At least the people who complain about his football and being knocked out of the Champions League anyway.

"Of course, in the future we want to have 19 clubs behind us but this is the reality, and the reality is for people with a brain, with common sense, with knowledge of what sport is, we are in a moment of transition."

Not endearing himself to the fans much is he?
    Dont think rants like this will do him any favours.

luvgonzo and Page_Moss_Kopite like this.
  2. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I think the next transition should be a new manager.

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You thinking about someone like Allegri or Poch?

gav81 likes this.
  4. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I might be convinced Keane is the man but there's a sizeable list I'd take ahead of Mourinho right now - basically anyone with an attacking philosophy, and preferably more humble.

Pochettino? Well he started his coaching career with the Espanyol women's side and United have now applied for a women's team, so I'll support him for that position.

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Why?

6. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Well, a manager in it for United as much as their personal interests. A manager who can accept collective success or failure and not look to continually apportion or shift blame. A manager who isn't so vain to label themselves "special" and talk up their own achievements. A manager who doesn't make persistent digs at the opposition, media and fans to stroke their own ego. A manager who won't drive a wedge through the club. A manager who would build respect and of whom we could be proud.

Chief likes this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Would it matter if the manager won stuff and got the playing style right ?

8. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

JM has got one thing right though.It is a period of transition for United. And he is only one of the necessary stepping stones to the final place we want to be.

It is strange that since SAF each manager is doing his best to make life easier for their replacement. Losing matches at OT a record number of times did for Moyes . His replacement could hardly not improve on that. And LVG’s football was so bad and pedestrian at home that again JM could hardly not play a football that didn’t put fans to sleep. And JM ‘s self centred and “bullying” management style makes it relatively easy for the executive to pick the next manager to satisfy both squad and owners...

9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That is Mourinho's ultimate flaw. He just cannot help his mouth and attitude. If he just shut his gob, be humble and relate to the players, he would earn more support. PSG would be absolute fools to take him at this point. As much as I hate us churning through managers, we should go for Poch now if we can. He is exactly what Mourinho lacks.

Shaw's treatment is absolutely unprofessional and unnecessary. It would be travesty to lose him over Mourinho. So much talent to work with for the next manager if the board can be decisive.

glazerfodder likes this.
  10. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Yeah, it's not top of the list but I think it always matters to an extent how people go about things.

Diego likes this.

11. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Mourinho currently fifth favourite manager to leave next with SkyBet, behind only Pardew, Moyes, Conte and Wenger.

12. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Once the FA cup and 4th place are decided (either way) it wouldn’t surprise me if JM was “let go”. United HAVE to get CL football but surely with the budget available we must be able to have style in addition.

13. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Please, please, please.

Can't take another season of Mourinho.

luvgonzo likes this.
  14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

His behaviour this month has been disgraceful. He simply doesn't know when to fkin shut-up! I would take anyone replacing him at this moment. We certainly won't be short of top class managers wanting the job, that's for sure!

15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I seriously doubt it. The experiences of Moyes and LVG have shown us that CL qualification is the deciding factor for the current board. Moyes was sacked as soon as 4th place became impossible to achieve, and LVG was kept on after his 4th place but sacked after the FA Cup loss.

The league is now so competitive for 4th spot that changing manager is as much of a risk of decline as it is a chance to improve. And our financial situation is now much more dependent on consistent CL qualification than any other club, given that the premium rates on our massive sponsorship deals are linked to being in the CL.

Sadly I think our board would be much happier with Mourinho always getting CL and playing negatively than being in a situation like Chelsea and winning the league one season then falling down the table and sacking the manager the next. Money talks, and when you're the richest club in the world it talks even louder.

Tbh I hope I'm wrong, I think Mourinho has lost his passion and edge and needs to go, but I wouldn't bet on the board thinking the same way.

16. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

The way that he is wrecking Luke Shaw's career is a ****ing disgrace, the man is a shameless bully with zero class.

bulletinthehead likes this.
  17. gav81

gav81 Active Member

That looks to be the criteria but then we only have those two examples to go on. I'm not sure the board would have kept Van Gaal even had he got the one extra point to pip City to fourth. I mean, the calls to ditch Van Gaal and heavy Mourinho rumours started before the league was finalised. So maybe it's not a definitive factor after all?

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You don't see Shaw as contributing to his own downfall in any way at all then?

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

There has to be something to what Jose is saying, as LVG was saying the same **** when he was in charge, plus his former Southampton Academy coach came out and said he was personally always on Shaw's back because he used to slack off and put in very little effort in training.

Thats 3 professional coaches now who have come forward to say he is a slacker.
    I think Jose has handled it in typical Jose fashion though, with his foot in his mouth.
    Maybe he looked at how Conte handled the Costa situation and liked Conte's approach <laugh>

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I thought he handled it well at first and is so clearly exasperated at Shaw wasting his talent that he's had an outburst.

To say it is bullying is ludicrous. Shaw is paid a **** load by United to do his job and if he's too lazy to get himself fit to do that job he should simply **** off.

Either that or wise up, get fit, and get back to where he should be. He alone can put in the work to get there.

Or should United just pick the poor lamb because he cost load of money and is supposed to be good and that?

glazerfodder likes this.