1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jose Mourinho says he is happy Arsenal fans can celebrate

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, May 8, 2017.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39839264

Jose Mourinho said he was "happy" Arsenal fans could finally celebrate beating one of his sides as the Gunners kept alive their top-four hopes with a 2-0 victory over Manchester United.

The win was Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's first in 16 competitive meetings with United boss Mourinho.

"I left Highbury and they were crying, I left Emirates and they were crying," Mourinho said of past games at Arsenal.

"Finally today they sing, they swing the scarves. It's nice for them."

He added: "It is the first time I leave and they are happy. Before they were walking the streets with their heads low.

"The Arsenal fans are happy and I am happy for them."

Wenger's only previous win over Mourinho came in the 2015 Community Shield, when the Portuguese was in his second spell at Chelsea.

The managers first met in December 2004 - when the Gunners were still playing at their former ground Highbury - in a 2-2 draw.

"To have that record of winning so many matches is not normal. Normal is win, lose, draw," Mourinho said.

"Do you think I enjoy the fact a big club like Arsenal is not winning trophies? I am not enjoying that. It's a big club.

"Wenger is not a small manager. He is a big manager. So it's not normal and I really don't care about it."

"We want to try to win the Europa League - it's more important than finishing fourth. I think it will be almost impossible to qualify through the Premier League," Mourinho said.

"Trophies make history. Not league positions. We go with everything to get into that final.

"Thursday is the match of the season. I hope Old Trafford feels the same, because we need Old Trafford."

At least he was funny while wumming this time <laugh>

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> What a bitter ****

3. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

He sounds like you bitching about us enjoying the NLD

<whistle>

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I was just wumming <whistle> Maureen is a bitter little turd.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  5. lazarus20000

Yeah he is but at least he did it in a funnish way, instead of his angry and bitter rants. But seriously, the game was flat as a pancake. I remember games of yesteryear when both teams were full of blood and guts, and the level of quality was high. This game was played in a friendly, not bothered way. I guess it shows how both teams have declined over the years.

Diego and PINKIE like this.
  6. AndyI

AndyI Well-Known Member

Spot on, watching that game after the CL semi's shows the vast gulf between Utd and Arsenal and the cream of Europe.

Both teams are scrambling to get in the CL next year, to struggle in it once there to be brutally honest.

Diego likes this.
  7. lazarus20000

This is the problem i have with the CL, there are too many teams that shouldn't be there but for the primary reason of making money. Instead of making it a premier event, they've made it overblown and bloated. Take Arsenal, we used to compete with the best and had some right classics, but not we look out of our depth once we leave the group stages. But it's not just us, it's the majority of teams apart from the big 3 and a few regulars. It's frankly boring.

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yep, they went from the "European Cup" (a competition for league champions) to "The Champions League" (a competition for the league winners and 2 or 3 also ran's from each league.

More group games, more stages, more money to be made. Standard of football/competition sadly diminished.

lazarus20000 likes this.