1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jonas returns?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Obi Wan, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Looks like Jonas in full training with the first team squad and hopeful of a return within weeks.

Pardew said today: “Jonas is one of those people who livens up the training ground just by his personality. Of course, with him recovering from his illness, that’s been magnified.

“We are really pleased to have him back. He is finding his feet a little bit. He hasn’t been around the ball much, but he looks in pretty good shape.

“We hope in two or three weeks, he will be in and around us.”

And Pardew insisted that he is in good spirits to win his place back.

He added: “He is keen to get back in amongst us and earn his right to play in the first team again.

“Like any player, I have got to give him an even keel, and he will get that. Now it is up to Jonas.

“I know one thing: it will be emotional for him, and for us, when he does return. We are all looking forward to it.”

Great news! And great to have him and Raylor both around the squad.

I've said before that I think Jonas' legs have been shot for a while now - and we probably have better players in the squad - but it would be immense to see him back after all he's been through. I'd love to see him get his chance to play for the Toon again.

2. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I really hope he gets one more home appearance, even if its just a few seconds as a sub, before he leaves us.

3. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Or if not at SJP then in the final of the League Cup? <whistle>

4. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

He's been a good servant to the club and it would be great to see him play a SF of the league Cup at St.James and then an appearance in the final. ( Even as a sub ) Would give us all a chance to say our farewells to Jonas.

5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

You never know, this illness may reinvigorate what is left of his career. I'm sure his presence will do nothing but good for the morale.

6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Really great news this.

7. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

He might be able to do the od 30 mins here and there for us to help kill games off. I think he can add something......

He is only 31!

8. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Hopefully Jonas being back will generate a further feel-good factor for the team.
    After his problems, I, have a feeling that getting back into the team may be a step too far.
    That said, I would really like to see him once more on the pitch and receive the ovation from the Fans, that he deserves.

9. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Keeps the ball really well when he has it so could be a good introduction with 15-20 mins left if we are under the cosh a bit.

He deserves at least one more outing on the pitch at SJP even if it is just to receive the ovation and plaudits that he so deserves. Fantastic servant for the club, a model pro in the modern day era and a genuinely nice guy by all accounts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.