1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Johnson/Enrique ...the dream team?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Enricky., Nov 27, 2012.

1. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we were to continue playing these two together on the left ( when we can keep a right back fit that is) do you think then we would have the most powerful left sided midfield in the prem?

I think they would develop into an awesome duo, Enrique seems really happy playing further forward and Johnson always looks as comfortable at left back as he does at right,if not more so.
    On top of that Johnson is very good going forward and knowing he would be well covered by Enrique would make it easier for him to be more attacking.

2. Sympathy post <whistle>

I think they are a very strong partnership but wouldn't go as far as saying the best in the league.

Ekotte and Bale?
    Clichy and Nasri/Silva?
    Cole and Hazard?

Certainly very strong defensively, not sure if there a better pair in that regard <ok>

3. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

Good shout on bale and ekotto but not sure I agree on the other two. Hazard is not a typical left sided player tends to wander more as does silva for city. Cole looks like he may well leave and clichy is not a regular.
    Certainly think that,as long as Enrique continues to play well, they are our best left sided option and the other plus would be that it keeps downing out of the team and Definately away from the left back position. Also think young Robinson would link up well with Enrique

4. I look at it slightly differenty, with Enrique in the front the it gives the attack plenty of balance. Sterling is not exactly reknowned for defending and is very offensive (not that he doesn't help out). Enrique does the dirty work. Plus he's left footed.

I'm not sure we will see Enrique in this position as much come February and onwards though <ok>

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

My only concern is with Enrique/Johnson on one side, the other side would be Wisdom/Sterling - two very young inexperienced players one of which isn't renown for his defensive abilities.

Just think if they were to come up against a strong left sided attack then we may get overrun down that side

6. Enricky.

Forum Moderator

Oh oh! Like ekotto and bale tomorrow night then?

7. suarez14

suarez14 Member

Kelly and Assaidi on the right.

8. Assaidi ahead of Sterling? Really...? <doh>

9. suarez14

suarez14 Member

I'd like to see Assaidi get a run out in the team on the right, as he always stops and cuts back on the left, plus I think he's right footed. Let's try sterling on the left

10. Sterling's played most his first team games on left! The last two games has seen Enrique there meaning Sterling been moved to the right and produce what is argubly his best two performances!

Assaidi's not done enough to warrant a first team place, he started well but has been poor in his last two or three outings. He is even struggling to make the bench, quite the acheivement considering our squad / options <laugh>

11. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Really hard to find any consistency when you only play once a month though! Think the lack of games he's getting at the moment is a little harsh.

12. Can't disagree, thought he deserved a chance earlier in the season. Just think it would be crazy to chuck him into a starting eleven for a league when he is yet to make any sort of appearance <ok>

13. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Vicious circle in a way though isn't it? He can't start because he isn't ready to play regularly in the PL but how can he ever be ready if he's not chucked in at the deep end and given some starts in the league

14. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I've been massively impressed by Enrique on the left so far and thought he was MoM on Sunday. Seems to have a great understanding with Suarez and whether by design or accident it could prove to be one of BRs finest moves. Hope he keeps him there for a run of games (just not with Downing in behind ffs). Agree about the potential weakness down the right though just in terms of a lack of experience. If he needs GJ on the right I'd play Robinson left back.

If Enrique continues to impress left side will BR switch priorities and look for a left back in Jan or next summer? Could be a lot cheaper than looking for a winger.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

lets see after about 10 games here guys!

a run of games is a good sentiment by billy though.

my opinion at this point is that getting goals by getting beyond suarez and into the box is vital. We also need to rest sterling so we have a great 20 year old not a crock like walcott by that time. If enrique can show he'll get to the far post or run past suzrez intelligently thats fine by me. if not IMO he's stop gap. lets wait and see.

downing must go do one IMO, so must cole and by the time we end up with 90% of all hodgson and comolli/dalglish singings gone for massive losses our team will be a construct of Rafa signings (reina, jonhson, skertl, agger) Rafa youth (wisdom, sterling, suso) Rodgers own blend (allen) and the two players that survive the cull (suarez and enrique, others are young and may be vital in the future) Of course he who can never be touched makes no 11.

Rodgers has only one guy he can call his so far.... that shows the issue at hand doesn't it really. will FSG back him? he needs to get suso into the gerrard role over time and rest sterling so two players are urenglty needed to suplement the rafa revolution!

16. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I think its spot on that its too early to say but I saw more from Enrique in terms of good wide play in 90mins Sunday than I've seen from Downing in 18 months <laugh>

Totally agree about Sterling too. As great as he's been and we will miss him if he doesn't play but the kid will need resting at times so its vital a guy like Assaidi shows he can come in and do a job.