1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

John Terry: Not Guilty

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by parkersafc, Jul 13, 2012.

1. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

Not surprised

2. Dean_Acky

Dean_Acky Member

I'm still trying to work out how he's not guilty, when he's admitted using those words? Blokes a complete tos*er!! Doesn't deserve to wear an England shirt.

3. Not_cricket

Not_cricket Active Member

Did you not know this country is riddled with corruption.

4. parkersafc

parkersafc Active Member

Its about how the 'victim' perceived what happened. Antons story was inconsistent and didnt show that he was caused alarm or distress. He was forced to go ahead with the hole thing to start a witch hunt against Terry. Terry is a **** but the prosecutions case was a bag of ****e

5. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

And this case cost the tax payers how much?

6. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

Terry is a ****, but I think going to court over alleged "racist remarks" are a bit silly IMO.

Football players can kick the **** out of each other, have brawls on the pitch, do serious, deliberate harm, and can get away with a 6 game ban by the FA. The Police don't get involved, everything is sorted out pretty quickly.

Someone, allegedly, calls someone else a black bastard and everyone loses their ****, so much controversy, papers printing the story as if it's a massive thing, court cases that go on for weeks.

<doh>

I don't agree with Racism, but IMO we should man the **** up already. They're just words, and I myself get offended by them at times, but I don't start campaigns saying things should be banned.

People might say I don't know what's it's like to be black and have a racist slur shouted at me, so I don't know the "emotional trauma" a black person can be experience when racially abused, but I also don't know what it's like to be a fat person and have fat insults directed towards me.

There are more fat people on the planet than black people. Calling someone fat, even if it's not in a negative way, and the person is just stating facts, can really hurt someone emotionally. Are we going to go to court for calling people fat bastards now?

Seriously, all people are doing is picking out a physical trait of someone, and using it in an insulting way. I can do the same to Peter Crouch and call him a lanky bastard. Am I discriminating against tall people, for pointing out the fact that he's tall, and saying it in a supposedly negative way?

7. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

there are the only loosers <bubbly>

8. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

Terry is innocent, Cameron is right when he says we are all in this together, Millie Dowlers phone was hacked for our benefit, MPs only ever claim for what they are owed and ll bankers are good honest law abiding people.

Did I miss anything?

9. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Tash.

Wrong.

Fat people choose to be fat. Medication and illness aside, I'd guess around 99% of fat people have chosen to be fat. If you choose to buy a yellow car with a big nob on the roof, you will be laughed and pointed at, so as with fat people - if they categorically refuse to go to the gym, or they refuse to burn off more calories than they consume then they should live with the consequences.

I'll even give you some concession, I'd let some of them (the really massive ones) get away with saying they're addicted to food, and as a result they have an illness, even though it's not an illness and nobody is addicted to food.

Essentially, I get what you're saying but you called someone out for a bad analogy earlier so it's only fair. To answer your question, yes you can be taken to court for calling somebody a fat bastard, if it happens in a place of work you'll find yourself in the dole queue. Live with it, it's not gonna chance any time soon.

10. Cheik the room

Cheik the room Well-Known Member

I don't think Terry should have been hauled to court, slanging matches on the pitch are different to normal society, no matter what you try and tell yourself. Ferdinand was man enough to give it large to Terry, if Terry wants to make a comment about his skin colour, he should be man enough to take that on the chin aswell.
    On a slightly different note, although I'm against "racism", it completely baffles me how people actually get offended by it, seriously.

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

The true verdict:emoticon-0116-evilg

[video=youtube;0yquB52r0g4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yquB52r0g4[/video]

12. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

I'm one of the fat people you talk about mate and I can say that generalisations like this is wrong, ignorant and is one of the many things wrong with this country.

But hey, don't let that stop you.

13. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

As I said on this board the other day, I always expected this to be the case. For me this should not have been in court and was a waste of taxpayers money.

14. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

Fat people don't choose to be fat at all. Yes it's bad that some of them have let themselves go so badly, but it's very easy for someone to become fat today when they've literally got 20 unhealthy food options to every healthy option, and 1000 more ads for unhealthy foods, than healthy foods.

Plus some people have better metabolisms than others. There are some skinny people that eat total junk and stay skinny because of their metabolism, but they wont get picked on because being skinny is the IN thing right now, regardless of why you are skinny.

In summary, no one says "yes I think i'll become fat". If someone chose to be fat, then I doubt they'd be offended or upset when people made fun of them about it, because they'd already know the common social attitude towards fat people in general, and be prepared and not give a ****.

And choice IMO does not matter, and the car example you made is stupid IMO. It's just not the same, but I'm not going to go into such detail about this one point.

Fat and Black skin are both physical traits which are part of a lot of people.

We should either persecute people who abuse both of these types of people, or neither.

15. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

****ing hell how does so much **** come out of one person?

Terry is a racist **** who has got away with it.

16. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Being black is not a choice - end of analysis.

Fat is consequential - it is a direct result of eating too much food. Thyroidal problems and other illnesses aside, it is physically impossible to consume your RDA of food and gain weight, regardless of metabolic levels. Scientifically impossible.

For info, quick metabolism is quite common and can account for skinny kids so you can have some more concession there, but that rule cannot be applied in reverse. Contrary to common myth, the slow metabolism people bang on about which makes them fat is very, very rare and these people probably account for less than 0.5% of fat people, although exercise would easily balance out the supposed effects.

Like it or not, your argument is fundamentally flawed by the fact you won't accept that fat people on the whole, do make the choice to eat a lot, therefore they become fat. You could argue it's the parents fault and it's almost inherent and too late, but I see people who weigh 30st in my gym, trying to lose weight, choosing to lose weight.

17. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

No he is isn't. He is a despicable **** who was accused and found not guilty of racism. Under the law he is innocent, your personal views count for very little and are not based in fact

18. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

I think what Tash is trying to get at is that it's not much different what Terry said to someone being called fat, ginger, skinny, goofy, Scotch (that really narks them), baldy, four eyed etc. etc.

All wrong, but the racism card you can get sent to prison.

19. MackemsRule

Alreet BallBag.

You seem to be under the misapprehension (Once again. :p) that anyone else's opinion means anything to me!

You talk about facts.
    The fact is Terry did racially abuse Ferdinand.
    The fact that a biased cockney jury found a cockney racist not guilty, does not alter that fact!
    The fact is that it is still my opinion Terry is a slimey cockney racist ****.

As my opinion is the only opinion that counts, therefore, he is a racist and that's a fact.

20. MackemsRule

Spot on. <ok>

Tash shot himself in the foot in his first paragraph.
    "Fat people don't choose to be fat but do choose to eat **** that will make them fat????????"