1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

John O'Groats to Lands End Charity Cycle Ride

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by KingslandKate, Jul 2, 2013.

1. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

Sorry to shamelessly plug this but my brother (also a Saints fan) recently completed a charity cycle ride from John O'Groats to Lands End with four of his army colleagues. It took 10 days and most days they were covering 90-100 miles so it wasn't an easy trip!!

He was hoping to raise £1000 for St Michael's Hospice in Basingstoke and Family Activity Breaks (for bereaved military families) but is falling short at £850 - if any of you have any spare pennies you would like to donate, please do so - every penny helps!! Just visit http://www.justgiving.com/Jamie-Brown14

Should have asked him to do it in his Saints kit to save my eyes from seeing the amount of lycra he got through........... :emoticon-0136-giggl

Thanks all
    KK

2. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Kate.......I heard that two cyclists that were doing this ride were killed less than 5 miles into the ride by a lorry..........God forbid it had anything to do with the party you are supporting?

3. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

Thankfully not Beddy. Bro and his pals finished over the weekend and heard this happened on Tuesday.
    Awful news but that shows what a risk people take in doing this journey in the name of charity.

Luckily the worst they suffered physically was a bout of food poisoning (which, on a bike, can't have been pleasant!!)