1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Joey Barton

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by JokeInEre, Feb 28, 2016.

1. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

Is releasing his autobiography in September. Should make for an interesting read. In particular, his views on the club, Ashley, Pardew, Kinnear etc.

Simon & Schuster UK has acquired No Nonsense, the "game-changing" autobiography of footballer Joey Barton.
    S&S acquired UK & Commonwealth rights to the book from David Riding of MBA.
    According to the publisher, Barton "overcame a tough upbringing and rejection by his local club, Everton, to become a successful footballer, playing for Manchester City, Newcastle United, Queens Park Rangers, Marseille and currently Burnley, as well as the England national team."
    The publisher added: "However, his career has been peppered with controversies for various onfield and off-field incidents, and in 2008 reached a real low point when he was sent to prison for assault. Since then, and following the birth of his children, he has found a new path and established a reputation for candid, insightful analysis – even earning himself a guest slot on BBC’s Question Time. His uncompromising honesty on social media has proved hugely popular, with over 3.1m followers on Twitter alone."
    Ian Marshall, editorial director at Simon & Schuster, said: “This will be a game-changing autobiography. Joey Barton is quite simply the most fascinating figure in British football. He was the first player to harness the power of social media to tell it as it really is, no filters, no media handlers. In an era of often-bland celebrity memoirs, Joey’s book will be raw, honest, entertaining and outspoken, tracing his unique and inspirational story with real intelligence and insight. Love him or loathe him, it will be the must-read autobiography of the year.”
    Barton said: “You may think you know me, but prepare to be surprised. No Nonsense looks beyond Joey Barton, the caricature. I've not spared myself because I know only unflinching honesty will put the controversies into context. I acknowledge my mistakes without indulging in superficial contrition. I reveal what it takes to survive in modern football, a sport which eats people alive. I take you inside the dressing room and the prison cell. I give you a firm promise: this is not the usual vanilla-flavoured memoir. It will challenge you, and who knows, it may even change your perception of me.”
    No Nonsense will be written with author and journalist Michael Calvin and published on 22nd September 2016.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I'll look forward to reading this

3. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

I love Joey Barton. Possibly a bit of a twat, but I'd still have him in our side now. He's a leader, gives 100%, something were dreadfully lacking now. Barton got more affinity now to NUFC than our current squad put together.

4. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I want to like him and I think he has a connection to the club and fans but it's hard to get over the fact he went to jail while being a Newcastle player for me.

5. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

I concur. He is definitely a bit of a thug at times but at least he had a bit of passion and backbone. I would have him back in the team tomorrow.................... and he would do a decent job for us in the Championship next season too!!!!

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I don't mind him. He is a bit pretentious at times, but he is honest and is aware of how aloof he can be. He embraces it rather than pretending to be Mr Nice Guy. I do wish we had more players with his will to win. He was pretty decent while he was here football wise, and you could never fault his effort.

7. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

He had big potential at Man City, and never really lived up to it afterwards, and he's always been a bit of a knob...BUT he genuinely has something interesting to say, and he makes a decent pundit, I'd much rather see him on the MOTM2 coach than some dullard goon like Kilbane or Sherwood. Book should be worth a read.

8. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Actually cannot wait for this. Barton clearly loves the club and fans and it will be interesting to read his take on events. He'll no doubt have a few choice words for a certain Mr Shearer and our noisy neighbours.

9. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I really can't stand the bloke so I think I will give his autobiography a miss..

10. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Me too.

11. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Just seen that he’s been confirmed as head coach of Fleetwood...should be interesting when he comes up against our six fingered scruffy neighbours next season <laugh>

12. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Nolan may be taking Notts County up too!

J. J. McClure and cronemeister like this.
  13. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Priceless...shola the mackem slayer will be polishing his boots up all summer in preparation! The warm glow thread is gonna go into meltdown <laugh>

14. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Send Mitro on loan to Accrington Stanley next season

15. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Nah, Notts County surely

Mitro and the Mackem Slayer together up front :1980_boogie_down:

JakartaToon likes this.
  16. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I'll put a tenner on 5 - 1 to the mags.

17. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

In my humble opinion Barton is a tosser.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.