1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Joe Royle is a decent bloke and a class act

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Jun 22, 2015.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Just been reading an article on Joe Royle who is now the youth development manager at Everton and it strikes me that he still has a soft spot for Ipswich Town and he is willing to help Mick and Terry as much as he can. Looking back I really enjoyed his spell at the club, although he left under a cloud of disappointment after we failed in the play-offs twice, he always came across as a decent football man who served the club with dignity under considerable financial restraints. I will always consider Joe Royle to have been a successful manager of our club given all the problems we faced back then off the pitch and I will always be grateful to him for steering the club away from potential disaster.

You are a class act Joe and I wish you all the best at Everton. I hope that Mick takes up your offer for players if you have some decent prospects that can come our way.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/everton...only_too_happy_to_help_ipswich_town_1_4119868

Nuggets likes this.
  2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

You will not find anyone in Bristol disagreeing with you - as you say a class act :emoticon-0148-yes:

4. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

top bloke, top manager. shame he left when he did

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.