1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joe Allen

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Carra_Rud, May 23, 2012.

1. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

Now it appears you are the next team to worry about losing a key player.

Its all over twitter that Arsenal have had a £3m bid for Joe Allen rejected. Worth double that, surely?

2. beppeswan

beppeswan Active Member

Look at it this way Henderson went for 14-18 mill say no.more

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

it wont surprise me this season if we do lose the odd player but little joe must surely be worth a bit more than £3 million......lets see if they up their offer as every club starts low and joe has to be worth in the region of between £5-8 million of anybodies money....Im expecting a few more bids for some of our players over the next month anyway...I hope if we do sell that we can make some decent money to go towards the 5-6 players that brendan wants to bring in...

4. VETCHETARIAN

VETCHETARIAN Active Member

If Henderson went for £14 mill,you are giving Joe away,Dai.

5. swanseaandproud

lets not get over the top on what our players are worth. Joe is nowhere near £14 million in a month of Sundays. Id love to get that but im a realist and that value is way way over the top for a player with very little premiership experience...

6. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

If this is true, I hope the club reject any offer for Joey, unless he wishes to leave. Pivotal player in our squad.

7. VETCHETARIAN

VETCHETARIAN Active Member

I wonder what made Henderson so expensive?

8. campionijack

campionijack Member

Joe will stay. Why go to arsenal and commit career suicide à la what's-his-name-ex-c*****ff midfielder?

9. Cherry Jack

Cherry Jack Member

According to what a lot of people Twitter are saying now, this was just a rumour - Swansea sources have denied they recieved any bid. The account that the rumour originated from supposedley is a pretty dodgy Arsenal source anyway (fan journalist)

We'll see though. DEFINITLEY worth more than £3m

10. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Clubs Vetch. It only takes a few scouts to say a player is the next big thing and BANG, the big clubs will fork out millions.

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

not his ability to put a decent ball into the area ,because he couldn't , I think Dalglish young British players being signed up last season and perhaps he rushed in

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

In response to Vetch'e query
    not his ability to put a decent ball into the area ,because he couldn't , I think Dalglish saw young British players being signed up last season and perhaps he rushed in ,over valued on that buy for sure

13. jackdan

jackdan Member

Surely if we were to sell him it would only be for north of what Liverpool paid for Henderson given that Henderson is ****!!. We dont need to sell so if they want him, force them to pay a stupid price!!

14. swanseaandproud

joe should stay with us really as he is a newbie in the premiership and if he has a really good season then his value will rocket and the club and joe would benefit greatly....£3 million is not worth considering as joe is worth more than that to us, so it makes no sense in selling him for that price. i think Huw should stick a minimum of £10 million on him so we dont get any time wasters bidding silly money as low as £3 mill. ok he might be worth a couple of million less than that but at this time when we enter our most difficult season then joe's value to us is priceless...

15. campionijack

campionijack Member

30 million
    And RvP included to sweeten the deal
    Plus Theo (so he can sit on the bench all season watching Nathan how it's meant to be done)

16. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's from the school of "No rumours so I'll make something up" variety. Typical journos.

17. valleyswan

valleyswan Active Member

He is worth far more than that, its not so much his price, its how much it will cost to get his replacement. That will be at least £10m by the time you put in all the expenses of finding such a player and signing him. Also a thing to consider is that the Swans deal in cash up front, they will expect the same for any club coming in for one of our players.

18. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

What a bunch of cheeky ****s!! £3m for Joe is a bigger joke than Cardiff city fc's finances !!!

add another£16m on to that and your in the right ball park, too many clubs have thought us a soft touch for too long time to get market value for our boys!! they proved they can walk the premier league walk so if clubs want them pay up !!

Henderson is nowhere near Joes class im afraid to say.

Every player seems to be over priced except when it comes to ours!! its pissing me off now ! they need to realise we dont need the money as bad as other teams so it will take a transfer fee of immense value for us to let one of our Jewels leave <ok>

19. campionijack

campionijack Member

I agree NJ, it's a joke.

Joey know which side his bread is buttered. He can achieve everything he wants to achieve by staying put. Great times ahead for the super swans!

20. swanseaandproud

dont be silly norway.who do you think little joe is.....get realistic in the £6-£8 mill and you wont be far off the mark....£19 million for joe is a mockery, maybe next season but definately not after 38 games of premiership football he's not..<laugh> talk about over valuation...