1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Jnr Ready to Sell FLINT for £4M....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jun 27, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City will listen to offers for Aden Flint as Fulham, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa keep an eye on defender

• Aden Flint could leave Bristol City during the summer transfer window
    • Defender is being monitored by Fulham, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough
    • He is valued in the region of £4million by the Championship club
    Bristol City are ready to cash in on Aden Flint this summer, with a host of clubs showing interest in the centre back.
    Flint, who joined the Robins from Swindon in 2013, is valued at around £4million by the Championship side.
    Fulham, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough are among the teams to be monitoring the situation and City will listen to bids for the 27-year-old.

The 6ft 5in defender has forged a reputation as a goalscoring centre back during his time at Ashton Gate.
    Flint has netted 29 times in 200 appearances for the club, gaining the attention of Premier League sides.
    He has previously been linked with West Brom and West Ham.

'If you feel that the player wants to go – and the player's quadrupling their wages – and you've got a couple of players you can bring in that will be better or better in the future then it's again just part of football,' Bristol City manager Lee Johnson said.
    'You try and guard against that by giving your better players new contracts, like we did with Aden at the start of the season.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4643418/Bristol-City-listen-offers-Aden-Flint.html

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Surely we wouldn't sell him to another Championship club, Premier yes, same league no, stupidity..

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

LEEDS really benefitted from having AYLING whom we only got a pittance for, it would be silly to sell to Fulham, as I think they may just be a top half club without really bothering the top 6 ... Midds and Villa both likely to be top 6 so Flint will not make that much difference? and of course we now have EROS!

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Not fussed,time for our two golden boys,Maggers to step up to the plate,and Moore as understudy.
    We have struggled with the current team,time to mix it up.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I actually agree with Red Robin. At the moment Flints value probably won't rise much more so rather than have a Maynard situation probably best for us to cash in whilst we have Magnusson, Vyner and Moore as back ups.

Red Robin likes this.
  6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Yep I agree as well. Even if he's slightly shaky at the start of the season, we paid nearly £2m for Magnusson and I really think he could be a top defender. Time to start playing him in the first XI imo. Having Wright and Maggers with Moore and Vyner as backup does look a bit flimsy but in a year's time they could all be worth a fortune if moulded correctly.

Red Robin likes this.
  7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Rob i believe he will play in the prem:emoticon-0148-yes: and Moore looks quality as understudy.

8. BCFCRob

Sorry I mistyped that post, I meant Moore and Vyner as backup.

9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Can't we include a clause that he is banned from playing against us?
    As for Magnusson - the times I have seen him he keeps giving the ball away cheaply.

10. johngalleyfan2

I guess you are happy to wait a year before condemning Lee to not playing a strong team or not having got someone in? [to replace Flinters should he go}

11. BCFCRob

I would be yes. I've been one of the more patient City fans regarding LJ.

12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

We've also got Heggelar who can play as a CB. So we are covered in that position. Vynar and Moore can also play RB so it's really the LB we need one more to say we covered defensively.

13. johngalleyfan2

as is EROS ... we seem to have a lot of "can do players"

14. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I don't think Aden is really Prem material tbh, however in today's market £4m seems low for a player on a new long contract?

15. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Even if Flint says 'I want to go' and even goes as far as to go on strike to force it through?

It depends on the circumstances behind the scenes. I've said before that £4m to another team in the division would seem a bit disappointing, as signing a replacement of similar or better quality could likely cost more than that, but by the same measure if the player himself wants out then that becomes a factor.

It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. If we sell people will say 'Why sell to a rival? We have no ambition'. Keep him and play him: 'We only want players who WANT to play for the club'. Keep him and let him rot in the reserves: 'It's a waste of money in wages and reduced transfer fee, we should have cashed in!'

Again, I agree with RR that we do actually have some good options in central defence, and whilst I'm a fan of Flint, he does have his weaknesses, so if a deal does come to pass that is good for everyone, it'd be hard to get that upset about it.

Red Robin likes this.
  16. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Is there a sell-on clause with Swindon?

17. johngalleyfan2

if he wanted to go why sign a new 4 year contract in January?

18. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I have no idea what's going on, just like everyone else on here. The point I was making was that accusing people at the club of being stupid without knowing the facts is unfair - at this stage they're only rumours.

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

If your manager states he can replace you with a couple of players he can bring in that will be better or better in the future how do you expect a player to react, he committed to a contract, was loyal and Johnson Jnr is shooting off his big gob again, if Flint was to leave I can understand it, I know others disagree but when you read the facts being stated by the man in charge I don't think it's being stupid.

'If you feel that the player wants to go – and the player's quadrupling their wages – and you've got a couple of players you can bring in that will be better or better in the future then it's again just part of football,' Bristol City manager Lee Johnson said.
    'You try and guard against that by giving your better players new contracts, like we did with Aden at the start of the season.'

20. johngalleyfan2

'You try and guard against that by giving your better players new contracts, like we did with Aden at the start of the season"

this is the key, and key words are your better new contract Aden start and season.
    The first part is a general statement as no name is mentioned, although it is within the context of a statement that adds the provisio at the end reference Aden... an action not uncommon to KEEP your best players
    in likelihood is Aden likely to get £60 - 70k plus a week elsewhere?