1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

JM v the team

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Feb 18, 2018.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Rumours in the press that JM has had a falling out/shouting match with Pogba and Jones in the dressing room following the poor display at Newcastle. I seem to have heard a similar line not long before his time was up at several of his previous clubs. What to believe, is this the press just having a go at JM for the sake of it, or is there substance to the story. Certainly, dropping and hooking Pogba would suggest all is not well between the two - so if it came to it, who would you rather we lost because of it. I would be happy to see JM go rather than lose Pogba. Quite who might replace JM is quite another matter.

2. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I've had it with Jose, his attitude, negative tactics, how he frequently criticises the players. Saying that, I don't think there's anything wrong with a few raised voices in the dressing room after a performance like against Newcastle, especially aimed at Pogba.

Eh what the heck, get rid of them both.

glazerfodder likes this.
  3. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I think we should get rid of: Pogba, Mourinho, Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial, Mata, DeGea, Matic, Rashford. We could do with a new team.

4. gav81

gav81 Active Member

I can see why you'd want the Chelsea old boys club out, along with mercenaries like Pogba and Sanchez.

But proper United men like Martial, Rashford and De Gea?! :emoticon-0104-surpr

5. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I think Mourinho is spot on to take out his frustrations on Pogba, as Pogbas attitude to defending is poor.

Pogba may not like to defend, but if he is asked to play as a central midfield player then he should give his all in that position. He is payed 300k a week, yet he thinks he can just stroll around midfield in 1st gear when we don't have the ball.

Wayne Rooney our record goal scorer, if you played him in midfield, even though he's an attacking player he'd be busting a gut to get back into his position and make tackles and do the job he has been asked to do for the team.

The debate on whether he should be being played further forward or not is irrelevant to me, if you are asked to play in a certain role for the team, then you should as a professional player who is payed huge sums of money to play give your all in that position for the team.

Pogba can defend if he puts his mind to it, he's a big powerful player, who I've seen make plenty of impressive tackles in the past. So it's not a case of him lacking in defensive ability it's more a case of his attitude to defending being poor.

You watch the likes of Modric and Kroos for Madrid, 2 players who posses great attacking skills from midfield, but you don't see those 2 completely abandon their defensive responsibilities, they always put in a shift for the good of the team.

The way Pogba completely abandoned his position in the game against Spurs was a joke of a performance from a central midfield player, he just left Matic and the back 4 completely exposed.

Then in the Newcastle game, to lazy to challenge for a header, a big 6'3 player like Pogba, and he won't even put any effort into defending balls in the box.

I know I'm not always Mourinho's biggest fan, but I agree with him here. Pogba needs to be told, as his performances have been lacking, and it's not down to a lack of ability.

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME, cytrax and Diego like this.
  6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

You are absolutely and eloquently spot on, King!

We cannot have a primadonna in the team. Pogba needs to drop his childish shenanigans and fkin do his job as told by the manager. Our wage bill is to the roof for any of the players to feel that they have a say where to play in the team.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Where is Blind?
    I have seen quite a few Jose interviews this week and one thing is missing, we have been told he had to put 2 youngsters on the bench on Saturday after playing Friday night because of injuries in the squad..........

Fellaini injured we knew about
    Rashford injured we knew about
    Zlatan injured we knew about
    Herrera injured we knew about
    Rojo got injured on the bench apparently :huh:
    Jones injured somehow?

But where is Blind, he seems to have gone missing from Jose's list of players :huh:

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

He's gone blind. :D

Diego likes this.
  9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh>