1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jens Cajuste

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Doc., Jul 21, 2021.

1. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

I don't know if this will come to fruition or whether willock will be back, but it s eems like we might get one or 2 in this summer if things go well in the market for us

2. Wilbert

Wilbert Active Member

Brentford want him and Brantford's owner also owns his current club lol

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  3. Wilbert

Wilbert Active Member

Brentford have already signed a player from midtylland, Frank Onyeka.

4. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Yeah. They want £13m. So no then.

Mick O'Toon and magpie290761 like this.
  5. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

They also signed Ajer who we were meant to be after

6. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Almost thought we were signing a Belgian international <laugh>,can't see it happening and like every other ****ing year if the interest is released it won't happen!

magpie290761 and Flash like this.
  7. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

If we get Willock in any capacity I'd actually be confident that we'll stay up. Last year we had an horrific injury list and still ended up comfortable after 38 games.

The squad is paper thin in places but our full strength 11 is 10-13th quality.

It does say something though that I don't expect us to beat any other premiership clubs to players, including clubs that have just been promoted. Pre-Ashley we'd go toe to toe for players with bigger clubs than us and poach players from the likes of Everton and Tottenham. Now we cannot go toe-to-toe with Brentford in the market. Eventually running on a Championship budget will lead to us being in the Championship. That's not rocket science.

magpie290761 and Mick O'Toon like this.
  8. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

The club spends when we genuinely have a feeling we will go down.

The issue always is complacency, we get comfortable and just **** it all up.

Whats so frustrating is if we signed Willock, a CDM and a young CB we could break into the top half. Dumb **** manager or not

9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

We are in a tricky situation. We are clearly broke. Do we sell ASM to fund much needed squad improvement, or keep him and bank on him staying fit enough to keep us up.

I must admit with no takeover in sight for at least another season, I'm starting to edge towards the former. I love ASM but he is clearly starting to agitate from these cryptic messages, and he does struggle to stay fit. If we could get a monster fee I'd be tempted to cash.

The flipside is you are rolling the dice a bit because the lad was one of the main reasons we stayed up along with Willock. You'd be giving that money to Bruce of course too - although his record transfer wise far outstrips his ability as a manager.

People will say yeah but we won't see that cash, but being honest the Carroll sale led to a flurry of activity the following summer, and Rafa got handed a ridiculous war chest in the Championship when we sold all those players.

I can't stop thinking about the 40m we spent on big Joe. **** me our club is bizarre under this ****er.

10. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Just loaning willock is enough imo

I personally believe that fans seem to think making signings is a must, but in my opinion it's not as critical as they think.

I mean we finished the season very strong and were improving over the second half of the season, so why can't that continue?

Other sides make signings and fans and think that makes them instantly stronger, but that's not always the case because many signings flop and some times the sides do worse either in the short term or longer.

I don't think we've got a bad 1st 11 at all but unfortunately we will get injuries and we will struggle wheb we have to bring in the second options in key areas.

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

If you can get £60m for him and buy three £15m players (a replacement for ASM, Willock possibly on loan and another CM) I think even Bruce wouldn't **** it up

12. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

I disagree. Everyone is thinking Willock is going to continue scoring. I reckon next season he'll find it a hell of a lot harder when teams focus on on him

mickeybnufc likes this.
  13. Warmir Pouchov

I agree to a point. People, especially our fans, get too hung up on signings. However I do think we have to be careful of stagnating too much. In fairness to Bruce he seems to have identified the obvious central midfield issue. Him saying we are short is not necessarily true in terms of numbers, but that shows he pretty much knows we don't have a modern midfield and need to breathe new life into it. Personally if you add Willock and a defensive midfielder, maybe a striker, I'd be happy enough.

I've been banned from the takeover thread so can't respond. This is what happens when you give any power to these religious types, they just abuse it. Same throughout history. I think you're right though. I honestly think they will stay in the hunt now. People of that kind of wealth do not simply allow people to tell them their face doesn't fit. Them and Ashley will now be on a personal mission. Being rich and being told no has always seemed to trigger a will you **** say no to me response. Generally they will stop at nothing to get their way. Like offing people in an embassy without much of a sound plan for getting away with it <laugh>

A good example is Trump. He was mocked by Obama at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner for daring to suggest he would be president - proper roasted him in front of the great and good. Trump simply hardened his resolve and enjoyed the look on Obama's face when he had to hand over the keys to him

JakartaToon and Munson. like this.
  14. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

I really miss trump.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  15. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

No actually willock only scored in the last 8 and we've been 10th best for the last 18.

We also had injuries to max, Wilson, almiron and schar during that period.

Willocks run meant we were the 7th best side for the last 11.

16. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Yes and Willock won't keep scoring.
    We have Bruce as manager so injuries will still keep happening. Maybe for longer periods as they are all a year older and already have had multiple injuries.

All other teams are improving. We are stagnant. We are predictable.

Doc. likes this.
  17. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Need 3 signings.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  18. Warmir Pouchov

Yeah I have us at 3 or 4. 4 if Lejeune goes as expected.

Personally I hate loans, but I think they are a necessary evil for clubs like us.

magpie290761 likes this.
  19. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Too many loans though and you'll get relegated ala Fulham and Sunderland

magpie290761 likes this.
  20. Warmir Pouchov

Aye I hate them to be honest. It is like a PL delay tactic <laugh> It feels like you're staving off an inevitable relegation. The rhetoric coming out the club though suggests we are ****ed in terms of spend. Sign Willock, Abraham on loan. Sign Boubacar Kamara for 15m. Job done
    please log in to view this image

magpie290761, haslam and Flash like this.